News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK MEET 2014 - IDEAS, AND NOMINATIONS FOR ORGANISER

Started by Bixxer Bob, July 21, 2013, 12:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

May as well make a start, Scotland is heavily favoured by this year's group. And lets get the date done early.  I'm tied to a race calendar that's not even published yet, but as I won't be organising it, my maybe not being available won't be of any influence this time. 

Avoiding school hols won't matter as much for Scotland, and there's always the ability to wild camp thus saving on site fees.  Might be an idea to avoid mozzie season though.

Let the discussion begin....  :icon_biggrin:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

PeteH

Im up for a run to Scotland...2 or better 3 nights depending where abouts as it could be a long way for some to travel. Make sure its out of mozzie season and theres no Haggis around to bite yer ankles...

Try here for a taster http://www.visitscotland.com/
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Bixxer Bob

Ok, we need some local input regarding mozzies and I agree, a longer weekend due to the distance would be good.  I think putting together something that will allow those that can't do a long weekend to "bolt on" to the bits they can do.  I think Metalguru has the furthest to go but he could doss at my place if he travels after work the night before the run up.  As a guide Fort William is about 460 miles from my place so a long day but doable.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Midge season is from very early June to mid to end August so your usual timing is right out the window
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Camping has to be away from any water, higher up and better clear of Bush to avoid midges but there are no guarantees  :icon_lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

After my run up there last weekend I have plenty of ideas for roads and Newtonmore turned out to be a better base than I thought.  And with B&B at £35 per night (2 sharing a twin room) camping becomes questionable unless you are hell bent on roughing it.

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,12866.0.html

Nick Calne

Last time I went to Scotland and camped I had to beat an angry adder to death with a copy of Harry Potter... I hate snakes. Nightmare moment.

Can I stay in a hotel instead? :icon_redface:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

After my recent trip a hotel seems almost cost effective.  As long as you don't mind sharing two to a room (twin beds of course) it works out £35 per head per night B&B.  We could try for a discount for block booking perhaps?

akendall1966

Quote from: nickcalne on August 18, 2013, 05:13:23 PM
Last time I went to Scotland and camped I had to beat an angry adder to death with a copy of Harry Potter... I hate snakes. Nightmare moment.

I thought adders were protected species, you next hotel will have bars on the windows if the authorities read this :bug_eye

PS I stayed in a hotel in Thailand and found a snake in my hotel room, so Nick your not safe anywhere....... :icon_lol: 
----AK-----

aesdj

I'm hoping to go to Germany/Austria next August so this might be pushing it with her in doors. I'll be tapping you all up for were to go and what roads I must do whilst I'm there but trust me I'll be busting a gut to come on this as well.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickcalne on August 18, 2013, 05:13:23 PM

Are you sure you were smoking legal stuff during your bed time reading  :pimp I have never heard of that,  they are actually very timid and heard to find.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mat-tiger1

Count me in guys! :thumbsup

An extended weekend seems more logical to me & I'm not adverse to a b&b for a little added comfort. (Or perhaps b&b's, as the route allows?)

But we'd need to bolt things down pretty soon so we can get booked up I guess?

Ride reports & pics from up there look good!  :eusa_clap

Just let me know the where & when? :XXsunsmile
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

PeteH

Had a quick browse today and came up with these (bunkhouses)as tasters, first ones near Dornie tho accomadation is limited, b&b available http://www.holidayhighlands.co.uk/.
Seconds in Glencoe, http://www.glencoehostel.co.uk/hostel-bunkhouse/ with a pub a mile up the road http://www.clachaig.com/ :thumbsup.

Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour