News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK MEET 2014 - IDEAS, AND NOMINATIONS FOR ORGANISER

Started by Bixxer Bob, July 21, 2013, 12:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

As always, we need to pick a date. I can't commit until next year's race program is published which will be in November.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

While we wait for a date, should we have a show of hands for general location, then start narrowing it down?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Good idea.  Obviously I'm biased having just done it, but if we fancy highlands, Newtonmore was easy reach for the Lecht route while Applecross / Kyle of Lochalsh / Invergarry  - although a long day - is still doable.  Alternative would be one night there and one night near Fort William or Invergarry.   I've done Glen Coe two or three times and, in my opinion, it's better going down than coming up, and there's a couple of good spots about half way down for photos.  We could incorporate that in the run home at the end.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Geoff W

There is nowhere better than the West Coast of Scotland for riding and scenery. However it is a long ride up for the people from the South, ( it is no problem for me).
If you want to reduce the travel then the Borders, Dumfries/Galloway offers a good alternative. Not quite so scenic, but some very good narrow twisty roads. If the travel is a problem for some people, it may be worth considering.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Sin_Tiger

Pete, Thanks for the hints, I'll add them to the list to check out.

Geoff, I'm a little biased of course but I agree. So far however all 7 of the people who have voted want to go for the full haggis  :icon_study:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on September 13, 2013, 06:29:17 AM
Pete, Thanks for the hints, I'll add them to the list to check out.

Geoff, I'm a little biased of course but I agree. So far however all 7 of the people who have voted want to go for the full haggis  :icon_study:

Haggis! :bug_eye Does that mean I'm going to have to pack my hunting gear??? :icon_biggrin:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Bixxer Bob

Really looking forward to this already.   Any excuse to ride Scotland  :hat10

mat-tiger1

Happy New year guys, hope you've all over indulged suitably? :thumbsup

Let's bumpity bump this thread!  :icon_biggrin:

Anything happening??? :icon_scratch:

All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

aesdj

Not as yet but I've already told the wife and got a weekend pass  :eusa_clap.BRING IT ON.

Bixxer Bob

Bixxer Bob

To keep it tidy I'm locking this one now the other is Sticky  :XXcomputer