News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

955i - 2005 - No Ignition Lights on Dashboard - No Start - Any Help??

Started by John Hogg, August 08, 2013, 05:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hogg

My 955i 2005 has no ignition lights on the dashboard - The lights, horn and indicators work but no ignition lights.  Fitted a charged battery - stripped the ignition barrel and switch - checked continuity through to the fuse box - all ok.  With the key at the start position - I have power to most of the fuses at the fuse box and the 30amp fuse u8nder the seat.  Don't know what else to try - the kill switch is in the run position.  Any suggestions as to how to trace the problem??

Many thanks in anticipation.

Cheers

John

Mustang

fill in your profile LOCATION

it really really helps when asking questions as we are a Worldwide Group of self proposed know it alls . :ImaPoser

Wait......what?????

Usually it's key switch gone bad...............

worst case it's a ECU gone tits up  ?

Stitch

Se if you have power (battery voltage) at the #5 fuse. If you don't then you need to trace back through the kill switch to the ignition feed (green wire)to the kill switch. If you do then see if your bike is equipped with an alarm control unit which supplies power to the ECU, Instrument Panel, and Fuel pump. If you don't have an alarm control unit, then check available voltage at the ECU or fuel pump since they are easy to access.

Prior to the ignition switch is the main relay (brown wire). Wiring schematic is your friend to quickly troubleshoot the issue... :icon_study:
2005 Silver/Black Tiger 955