News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

O.k, so where is this mysterious tip over sensor located on a Girly?

Started by Advwannabe, August 12, 2013, 07:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advwannabe

I can't see it in my manual, although the wiring diagram makes mention of it.

I think it may be the culprit of my (very) occasional miss issue and would like to rule it out once and for all.

Also, can it be interfered with/cleaned/maintained in any way?

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

blacktiger

AFAIK it doesn't have one. That is unless they started fitting them from one of the updates like 2005 or 6. Certainly my 2002 doesn't.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Mustang

It's a California thing .....................you won't have one .

Unless you have a bike intended for first sale in California , USA

Sin_Tiger

Californians need a sensor to tell them their bike is having a nap  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 12, 2013, 03:38:03 PM
Californians need a sensor to tell them their bike is having a nap  :icon_rolleyes:
:augie it's to keep fuel from spilling when the tigger  :sleepy1 ........................

Advwannabe

Thanks fellas.

Hmmm, going to have to find some other reason why the bike cuts out from time to time.

Comes straight back on again and very infrequently, every few days or so. Al connections are seated well and have had a spray with contact cleaner.

Just have to carry a bypass link with me for a while

Extra info: The other day it died while idling. All the dash lights went out then came back on again, almost as though the battery had been disconnected.
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Bixxer Bob

Check the wiring on the back of ign switch, know point of failure... :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

birddogone

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 12, 2013, 03:38:03 PM

Californians need a sensor (law to tell them a lot of things)............ :icon_scratch:
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

Advwannabe

02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Timbox2

Mine had one, never played with it though, you can just see the top of it below the fuse box
2016 Tiger Sport

blacktiger

Quote from: Timbox2 on August 15, 2013, 08:16:47 PM
Mine had one, never played with it though, you can just see the top of it below the fuse box

Is that a cast wheel model?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Timbox2

2016 Tiger Sport