News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Roed tests

Started by Boo, August 10, 2013, 09:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boo

OK! Just got the new bike. A 955i Tigger, 06 plate. Very nice indeed! Now where can I find a published road test on the wee beastie? :icon_study:
Seen a few opinions and reports of a sort from various peeps, but as yet, not a single period road test. As it is now concidered out dated, there will be no road test done untill it becomes a classic. Then some old git like myself will wax lyrically about yesteryear whilste wearing rose tinted specs.
Aren there any places I can go to see a period write up?
  Many Thanks,

Boo.

Dutch

Why? It's too late anyway   :hat10

Being human (I asume  :icon_wink: ) you just want to read you bought the best bike you could. But that's just paper, go out young man, put some miles on that beastly machine of yours and be convinced  :5moped

ps, congrats on you purchase  :icon_biggrin:

metalguru

try Google search, quite a few results there.

Of course  just riding it will give you some idea how understated they are.

:hat10
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Boo

Allways nice to see someone elses poingt of view don't ypu think. I've got a peroid roed test of a Norman Nippy you know? :icon_study:
Ahh well, soon find out what all the fuss is about antway. Off to Austria in a week or so. It's a tough job but someone has to do it! :pottytrain2

metalguru

Is that the roadtest where the attained cruise velocity was in the region of 25mph? Quite a good read and they were made locally to me!!

Have read the roadtests and they all say what we already know even down to the differences between the 885s and 955s. TBH the write ups on here about various journeys are more informative as they are usually long term tests as opposed to hacks day out, although the comparisons and off road ability can be a bit nasty about the Tiger. As for value the Tiger comes out on top!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.