News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fork oil change

Started by wardy, September 28, 2013, 09:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wardy

hi guys sorry if i,ve missed this somewhere i have search for it however i,am about to fit wibers progressive fork spring to my 1999 885i and iam wondering which is the best fork to go with thanks in advance tangerine tiger

Timbox2

Wilbers recommend 10wt, which I think is the same weight as stock, many go with 15wt which can be a bit hard when the forks and weather is cold but once warmed up makes the front alot more controllable, Wilbers state a 130mm air gap on yours by the way(With their springs).
2016 Tiger Sport

Dutch

In the UK the weather is always cold isn't it?   :pottytrain2

You will need 2 bottles anyway, so you could even mix them and make it an SAE 12.5.
Air chamber indeed 130 mm, this is with fork compressed and spring out

wardy

thanks guys helpfull as ever

Timbox2

Quote from: Dutch on September 29, 2013, 03:13:27 PM
In the UK the weather is always cold isn't it?   :pottytrain2

Yeah but we got hills :pottytrain2

Fixed it for ya!!!  BB
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

My dream job with the Dutch Mountain Rescue Team  :icon_biggrin:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

We have our own equivalent on the fens http://www.pidleymountainrescue.org.uk/

The fens were drained by Dutch engineers hence villages with names like Nordelph
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Still, Ive been higher in Amsterdam than many places :hat10  can you imagine trying to get back down Scaffel Pike after a shmoke :icon_mrgreen:
2016 Tiger Sport

Dutch

Oh man, did I open a can of worms with that "always cold" remark  :pimp

Sin_Tiger

Yup  :icon_razz: my wife reliably informed me it was 20°C on Skye day before yesterday, what's the temperature of your herrings  :icon_biggrin:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Dutch

10 in the morning and 10 in the afternoon i bet  :augie

Sin_Tiger