News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Went to Speedway and anyone fancy trying it?

Started by aesdj, August 29, 2013, 09:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aesdj

Just got back into watching speedway this year since Bradford closed down in 1997. Been 3 times this year (Sheffield Tigers,Belle Vue Aces and Scunthorpe Scorpions) and the last one was Scunthorpe on Bank Holiday Monday. Cracking day as there were 2 races for the price of 1 (£16). The sun was beating down so I went and stood in a steel shed about a third way round turn 1 and about 15 feet from the track. There were loads of newbies stood against the barrier maybe 6 foot from the track thinking they'd get a better veiw even though you see brilliantly everywere. As the bikes thundered pasted in the first heat and even with a 3 foot fence around the track the shale bounced off the back of the shed like machine gun fire  :bug_eye and the newbies got covered in shale/mucky water. When they turned round they looked like dalmations, the look of shock on there faces was priceless  :icon_lol: . I  didnt escape the flying missiles, I got hit through out the day but thats what makes it such a good track. Its been voted the best track of the UK for the past 2 years and I know why now, awsome  :eusa_clap:. You feel part of it instead of being quite some distance from the action and the smell of methanol is lovely. I'd reccomend it to everyone.

Scunthorpe has a smaller track that you can pay £70 for 4 hours tution/fun on. You get all the kit and start off on 125cc bikes and if your good enough and you have big cahooners they may put you on 1 of the bigger bikes (0 - 60mph faster than an F1 car). I think the 125's will be well fast enough. I've already decided that I'm going to do it and if anyone wants to give it a go then I'm fine with arranging it. For me its going to be next year but if you pm me I'll keep you up to date. If you want more info then seach Scunthorpe Scorpions.

Bixxer Bob

Used to follow Newcastle Diamonds when I was a teenager. They were a top team in those days. Went to Peterborough a couple of years back and our local team is now Kings Lynn.

As for giving it a go?   :bug_eye You Nutter.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

aesdj

Belle Vue are in the Elite league (best) as are Kings Lynn and Sheffield/Scunthorpe are in the Premier league (1 down from elite) but you wouldn't tell from the action, its great. They say that the facilities are the best at Kings Lyn and that's why they hold the Grand Prix races there. Bradford are stating up again for next March all being well, I carnt wait. So your not up for joining me then Bixxer?

Bixxer Bob

What was it Churchill (the insurance dog) said???  "Errr, no"
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I didn't know they did such a thing, sounds like great value.  I'm in  :thumbsup keep us posted about possible dates.  Even if this year is possible I can do October  :icon_mrgreen:

Been promising to take the wife to see the Glasgow Tigers for a while now, have to make good on that soon as she reminded me about it recently.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 31, 2013, 06:34:53 AM
I didn't know they did such a thing, sounds like great value.  I'm in  :thumbsup

Oh dear God,  here we go......

aesdj

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 31, 2013, 06:34:53 AM
I didn't know they did such a thing, sounds like great value.  I'm in  :thumbsup keep us posted about possible dates.

Will do mate. You may struggle with dates might you but if you let me know when your around next year I'll work round you. As for October I'll see what I can do. Any time in October good for you and have you been on there web site?

Spud

I believe Coventry do lessons as well

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

Scorpions Training days on the mini track  :headbang

Sunday 2nd, Saturday 15th and Sunday 30th March

Saturday 12th and Sunday 27th April

Might just be able to fit that in  :icon_mrgreen:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mat-tiger1

Nutters!  :bug_eye

You do know the front wheel is supposed to stay in front of the rear wheel at all times!  :nono

Hats off to you for having a go!  :notworthy
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Nick Calne

Some people round here just went from 'older and wiser' to 'silly old buggers' in the space of one thread.

Can I come and watch what happens?  :nap
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Bring a first aid kit and your best "I told you so" expression  :icon_wink:

Bixxer Bob

I'm up for it.  :thumbsup Taking the piss I mean.... :augi

aesdj

I've already got my hospital bed booked  :icon_lol:. How about we say the 27th April Sin, at least this bloody rain might have stopped.

Sin_Tiger

The way things are going I should still be home then, let's pencil that in, I should be able to confirm by the end of Feb.

Hope so, doing this in a wetsuit and flippers won't be funny  :XXsunsmile

I the rest of you are coming to gloat, you're supplying the sarnies  :icon_razz: