News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2014 Meet in Scotland

Started by Sin_Tiger, September 01, 2013, 02:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

To gauge what will suit our numbers, how far are you prepared to go. Using Gretna as the jumping off and refueling point that most people will use unless going up the East side.

This is just a rough guide to narrow down which camping, B & B and Hotel options I will look at. After that I will look at how many want to come earlier, stay longer or make a pilgrimage to farther flung places.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

I'd be up for this mate

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Spud on September 07, 2013, 08:02:55 PM
I'd be up for this mate

Me too, just as long as I can get a reasonable heads up on the proposed dates.  :thumbsup

I'd need to give S.W.M.B.O. plenty of notice for extended leave of absence!  :icon_redface: Lol.... :icon_lol:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Sin_Tiger

That's why I'm hoping for a bit more guidance so that I can concentrate my efforts on locations.

At least my missus will be around for a bit of tea and sympathy  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

Any where up the west coast is good for me, Applecross for instance  :XXsunsmile

Bixxer Bob

Giving this one a bump and will get it made a sticky.  My no-go dates are:

http://www.crmc.co.uk/calendar.htm
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

aesdj

I'm in for this.Already told the wife and got a weekend pass so BRING IT ON :eusa_clap.July 11/12/13 or 18/19/20 good for me as I tend to get the caravan ready late July for the early August holiday with the family.Think these dates sit well for Bixxer also.

Sin_Tiger

It looks like the central Highlands then, hope that is good for the majority.

Now less like as good a time as any to start talking about dates. Let's get the ball rolling.

mat-tiger1

2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Sin_Tiger

Does that mean a new thread  :icon_scratch:

mat-tiger1

Bixxer Bob

Ok, let's get the month tied down then we'll focus on dates, but be quick, we need to get this settled.  Date suggestions, as per AESDJ are welcome.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mat-tiger1

Last weekend in July (25th-27th) or 1st weekend in August (1st-3rd) work better for me, but I can be flexible work permitting!  :thumbsup

blacktiger

Hi guys, just found this thanks to Mat-tiger1.
My work roster rest day pattern looks like:-
Could do but would need extra days off work:-
June 21/22
July 19/20
July 26/27
Absolute best for me would be either:-
August 30/31
or
September 6/7
Any other weekend means I'm out I'm afraid.
Roll on retirement so that I can do everything all the time. :wheel
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: blacktiger on January 15, 2014, 10:38:34 AM

Roll on retirement so that I can do everything all the time. :wheel

Ha!  I think not! :nono