News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2014 Meet in Scotland

Started by Sin_Tiger, September 01, 2013, 02:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Come on guys, anymore for anymore?

We've only had 5 vote on this, let's try & get it locked in!  :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on January 24, 2014, 01:32:28 PM
Come on guys, anymore for anymore?

We've only had 5 vote on this, let's try & get it locked in!  :thumbsup

Oh, OK then. I voted August so long as it's the last weekend.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

Just as an update, my wife has furnished Sin with some likely looking accommodation links, he's working on ideas right now while he's away (assuming he has internet access of course).  We can't really nail the date until he surfaces again.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I pitched my vote for July as I think I'll not be back untill right at the end of June, that also means I should be there in August, so AC/DC  :icon_lol:

Hope that means I'm not holding things up.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I think we'll be a bit late to book anything if we leave it that long.  Lets get busy via email and I'll keep this up to date as we go.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

That's a bit more like it  :thumbsup

What say you to calling the month based on the votes by th 31st Jan latest, then we can get down to the nitty gritty of the weekend by mid Feb.

At the moment we are looking at base camp options in two areas. Great Glen and Cairngorms, thats West (Fort William up Lochness side to Inverness) and East (Newtonmore, Aviemore and Granton on Spey) for those directionally challenged.

Either of these two centres is going to be about 4 hours (a bit over 210 miles) ride from Gretna

Ride out possibilities to get your juices flowing  :nod :-
West
I have a couple of ideas to the coast at Applecross and return by another route. Ride will be mixed medium speed A roads with about 20% single track, taking in some spectacular lochside scenery, yes even if it's wet it's still guaranteed spectacular  :icon_razz:

East
My learned colleague has a few ideas in the pot, more of the same but mountain roads, perhaps over the Cockbridge / Tomintool road and Braemar.

We've been looking at accomodation, both B&B and camping in both areas (if you're really hell bent on fighting with midges)

Now all I have to do is find a ford and incorporate it for Bixxer's Bike Wash  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

blacktiger

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 26, 2014, 05:18:38 PM
Now all I have to do is find a ford and incorporate it for Bixxer's Bike Wash  :augie

Yeah, that's tradition.  :thumbsup
:icon_rolleyes: :ImaPoser

aesdj

We've been looking at accomodation, both B&B and camping in both areas (if you're really hell bent on fighting with midges)

Your all scaring me with the midge quotes so for me Fri + Sat in a B+B is sounding dam good. I don't mind sharing to keep the cost down and to help with booking some were.

I'll be setting off early Friday so if anyone wants to get in touch to arrange meeting or planning the ride up then feel free. The more the merry I say.

Also for anyone traveling up from down south, I've got a couch and the living room floor you can use Thursday night (2 people max) and I'm sure I can squeeze 2 bikes into my secure shed (top locks and alarmed)

Bixxers Bike Wash  :icon_lol:, love it.

Bixxer Bob

I seem to remember that it wasn't MY bike that got washed.  Ever. Was it H?  :augie

If however you're going in for the biggest Horlicks made of a crossing   :icon_redface:

mat-tiger1

Quote from: aesdj on January 26, 2014, 06:15:52 PM

Your all scaring me with the midge quotes so for me Fri + Sat in a B+B is sounding dam good. I don't mind sharing to keep the cost down and to help with booking some were.

I'll be setting off early Friday so if anyone wants to get in touch to arrange meeting or planning the ride up then feel free. The more the merry I say.

Also for anyone traveling up from down south, I've got a couch and the living room floor you can use Thursday night (2 people max) and I'm sure I can squeeze 2 bikes into my secure shed (top locks and alarmed)

Bixxers Bike Wash  :icon_lol:, love it.

+1 on the "Luxury" of a B&B after all those miles! I'll be prepared to share to lower costs or maybe there's a bunkhouse or similar we could find once the weekend is chosen?
I'd be up for a bit of company on the ride up, so maybe Gretna services could be a potential meet up place? Unless anyone wants to pop in to mine for tea a bicckies on the way up from the south & then we can all ride up to meet those further uup North? :-)

At least we've got some video footage of Bixxer's attempt eh H??  Lol...
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Bixxer Bob

Yeh,  clever of H to drop his when no-one was looking  -  no-one saw so it never happened   :icon_lol:

aesdj

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on January 26, 2014, 06:51:14 PM
Maybe there's a bunkhouse or similar we could find once the weekend is chosen?

Good idea Mat. A lad at works got big into walking the last 6 months and used quite a few Youth Hostels and they sound very fair being honest. Never used one but some are very plush and a good price from what he's said.

blacktiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on January 26, 2014, 06:53:36 PM
Yeh,  clever of H to drop his when no-one was looking  -  no-one saw so it never happened   :icon_lol:

Quite right. In my defense the surface under the water was more slippery that greased Teflon!

mat-tiger1

Quote from: blacktiger on January 26, 2014, 08:19:11 PM
Quote from: Bixxer Bob on January 26, 2014, 06:53:36 PM

Quite right. In my defense the surface under the water was more slippery that greased Teflon!

:icon_lol:   :ImaPoser I'm sure Sin will find something suitable to test our fording skills!  (Scuba gear at the ready!) :icon_redface:

Sin_Tiger

Don't worry too much about the midges, there are strategies to deal with them but they are locked in the same vault as the haggis DNA  :icon_wink:

Anyone thinking of coming up on the Thurs after work (and doesn't mind a slight detour to the west coast) is welcome to stay over at our place, two spare rooms, big sofa and enought room in the garden for a couple of tents if we get that crowded.