News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2014 Meet in Scotland

Started by Sin_Tiger, September 01, 2013, 02:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Tiger Squadron on March 22, 2014, 08:50:33 PM
Okay.....
How many have said yes so far ?
Make a list of name's and just pick a date.
You gotta be firm or you will never it arranged as peeps will just say one or other weekend is bad for them.

If anything he's having a little poke at me  :icon_wink:

We've settled on 26-28th July weekend, or longer if you like. Based somewhere along Loch Ness side between Fort William and Inverness.

My last count was around 8 bikes but as it gets nearer the numbers will fluctuate for various reasons.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

And to add to that, and repeat what's already been said on earlier pages, Sin and I are deliberately making it harder for us (well, him mostly) by NOT having a fixed plan other than the date and finding somewhere central to stay.  Because Scottish weather is both fickle and divided (usually east/west) we plan to leave the Saturday ride route till the last minute, maybe even till we're in the carpark with the engines running.  That way we can head for wherever's got the sun, assuming there is some. The downside is Sin has to have at least two routes up his sleeve.

For now, just plan to be in central Scotland that weekend.  Everything else will fall into place.  Also, keep an eye on others arranging meet-ups en-route and you'll be able to link up and ride in with them.

This one's going to be like Appletreewick, I can't wait!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

aesdj

"This one's going to be like Appletreewick, I can't wait!"

I hope you mean that in a good way Bixxer or they'll be trouble a foot   :icon_mad:

Only pulling your leg mate  :icon_lol:

Bixxer Bob

No way (was i dissing it) Jason,  your Yorkshire tour was brilliant  :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on March 23, 2014, 01:10:38 PM

This one's going to be like Appletreewick, I can't wait!

I hope the pub's as close!  :icon_biggrin: :friday :occasion14 & the weather's as kind!  :wheel :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 23, 2014, 11:37:13 AM
Okay.....
You gotta be firm or you will never it arranged as peeps will just say one or other weekend is bad for them.

My last count was around 8 bikes but as it gets nearer the numbers will fluctuate for various reasons.

As soon as a place has been found (soon I hope) I'll post it on the Tiger800 forum. Might boost the numbers a little.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

mat-tiger1

Quote from: blacktiger on March 27, 2014, 04:03:31 PM
Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 23, 2014, 11:37:13 AM
Okay.....

As soon as a place has been found (soon I hope) I'll post it on the Tiger800 forum. Might boost the numbers a little.

Same here over on the ABR forum, there's a few showing some interest!
:icon_biggrin:
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

chairhead

If im free then i'll endeavour to ride  :icon_wink:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

mat-tiger1

Quote from: chairhead on March 28, 2014, 01:14:30 PM
If im free then i'll endeavour to ride  :icon_wink:

:icon_cool:  Be great to meet up with you! Thanks for your help in Austria!  :thumbsup

aesdj

Hi Sin how's things going? Any idea's as to were we are staying as it'll be good to get it booked and for people to arrange routes/meet ups. Just thinking that with it being the kids holidays we don't want to struggle getting in. Especially if quite alot of us want to book a room instead of camping.

Sin_Tiger

I'm putting the info together now, should be able to post up tomorrow. You're quite right, things are filling up already.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

blacktiger

Quote from: aesdj on April 14, 2014, 09:51:55 PM
Especially if quite alot of us want to book a room instead of camping.

Are you not roughing it with the rest of us?  :icon_rolleyes:
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

aesdj

I was thinking of maybe doing it in luxury this time but who am I kidding. I'm a tight arse Yorkshire man so of coarse I'll be camping :icon_lol:

Sin_Tiger

OK Time to make a decision and start booking, I'm amazed at how quickly options are filling up for that weekend.

Fort Augustus
B & B is plentiful (at the moment) we checked out one of the bigger ones Corrie Laith which had a variety of rooms, compact but all ensuite. We were told none of the local B & B's have a problem with Bikers, most have free WiFi and most are within 10 mins walk from the town centre. Average 25 quid P/P sharing twins.

The Campsite is within 3 mins walk of the town centre. It has Hostel like facilities in addition, the facilities some hotels would be happy to have. The camp ground is spacious with plentiful showers and toilets, with heated floors! all quite new. There is a newly constructed club room / bar that will be serving local ales and hope to have live music for the summer. A hot breakfast can be had for a small charge for residents. Undercover Bike parking available. Camping 8 quid P/P, Lodge 23 quid twin room.

There are a couple of pubs in the town, some more in the hotels, most serving local ales and often have live music over the summer.

Drumnadrochit (30mins drive north from Fort Augustus)
B & B is adequate, the Benleva offering B & B style accomodation with WiFi. This seems to be a popular night spot and they are keen on their local ales, posibility of live music during the summer, about 7 mins walk from the town centre. Average 27 quid P/P sharing twins.

There is a small hostel but the facilities are quite basic and accommodation limited. Twin rms 20 quid P/P, 6 bed dorm 17 quid P/P.

The Campsite is a bit out of town, about 15 mins walk. It is part of a riding stables and although they have no problem with bikes they would have to be parked away from the campground which is on a hillside, quite small, two toilets and 20p coin operated showers only 2, no other facilities. Camping 6 quid P/P.

There are a couple of pubs in the town, reputedly quite lively at the weekends and a small supermarket adjacent to the coffee shop.

Single occupancy of double rooms is usually about 5 quid less than the full price.

I suggest all interested speak up by Saturday plumping for one or the other option and indicating camping or more salubrious accommodation to get numbers ready.

Sin_Tiger

Lunch on the Saturday rideout I am proposing the Applecross Inn. remarkable food at very reasonable prices. Again I will have to book as they do get very busy.

The menu is nothing short of amazing considering the location and as much is local produce as possible.

I can recommend the Duck Breast  :nod