News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2014 Meet in Scotland

Started by Sin_Tiger, September 01, 2013, 02:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeteH

Put me down for Fort Augustus, the lodge sounds ok to me and am willing to share but will do canvas if no other takers, or will do B & B if anyone needs a room mate ( note...ear plugs will be needed :sleepy1)
Oh, and Applecross is a great destination only ever been there by car, any chance of photo shoot in Plocton on the way or way back ?
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Geoff W

If camping , then Fort Augustus is the better option for me, tiny-tent will enjoy the view. At those prices i am happy to share hostel or band b. Hostel may be better for morning cat herding to get everyone together before setting off.
Thanks for the hard work Sin.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Bixxer Bob

Agreed, Fort A is a no-brainer I think. Happy to B&B / share at those prices, lets get it booked, quick!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

chairhead

Fort Augustus for me too,

i'll be under canvas though, none of this sissy sharing malarkey  :pottytrain2  :love10....  :icon_lol: :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:

Just remind me, .....what is the date??
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Spud

F A for me and I'm happy to share or camp

well done Sin  :bowdown

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on April 16, 2014, 07:18:25 AM
Agreed, Fort A is a no-brainer I think. Happy to B&B / share at those prices, lets get it booked, quick!

:iagree +1  :thumbsup Great work Sin  :notworthy I'm bringing my son with me this year, so it's a B&B for me.  :icon_biggrin:
Corrie Laigth sounds ideal. Do you want us to book individually or are you going for group bookings? :icon_scratch:

Also count me in X2 for lunch at the Applecross Inn! (Sounds lovely, but I doubt they'll have fish as big as that whale you had in Norfolk last year?)

I'll be looking to travel up on the Thursday & spend the Friday & Saturday up there, travelling back down on the Sunday if anyone cares to come along for the ride up/down?  :icon_cool: :wheel
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: chairhead on April 16, 2014, 07:41:42 AM
Fort Augustus for me too,

i'll be under canvas though, none of this sissy sharing malarkey  :pottytrain2  :love10....  :icon_lol: :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:

Just remind me, .....what is the date??

Fort Augustus base it is, 26-28th July mate, will you be ballasting the hack with beer as usual? The Corrie Laith has a BBQ hut in the back garden that is free to guests.

Please go ahead with individual bookings, I may not be able to keep on top of it once I start traveling again, assistance provided where we can of course. I'll alert the B & B and Campsite / Lodge, would pay to mention the group as Tiger Triple just so they have a better idea of who will be together.

I'm still on the look out for BB's bath  :icon_wink: Plockton is possible (any particular reason?), we can adjust the route as needs.

Thanks for the quick replies  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

Fort Augustus for me and a room of sorts, not sure whether on the campsite or B&B tho' and Applecross for lunch sounds good too.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

blacktiger

I'm OK with Ft. Augustus although there's nothing listed in the latest CAMRA Good Beer Guide  :bug_eye but I'm sure we'll cope.  :occasion14
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: blacktiger on April 16, 2014, 02:50:23 PM
I'm OK with Ft. Augustus although there's nothing listed in the latest CAMRA Good Beer Guide  :bug_eye but I'm sure we'll cope.  :occasion14

Good Lord connoisseurs  :blah  Got my hands full here.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

outrunner

A wise choice, I have stayed at the Fort Augustus campsite a few times and been very happy with it. No idea about B&B as I am not a southern softie. :icon_rolleyes:  :thumbsup

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

mat-tiger1

All booked in at the Corrie Laith  :thumbsup (Very nice lady by the name of Caroline who welcomes us biker types!) :icon_cool:
Roll on July!!! :icon_biggrin:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 16, 2014, 05:49:36 PM

Too right. If a pub hasn't got at least one working hand pull I won't go in the place.  :nono
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

chairhead

Quote from: blacktiger on April 16, 2014, 06:33:11 PM
Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 16, 2014, 05:49:36 PM

Too right. If a pub hasn't got at least one working hand pull I won't go in the place.  :nono

Gotta have some Dark beers too, Guinness and the like don't count  :icon_wink: no pressure Sin  :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

PeteH

Big thanks from me too to Sin for sorting the accomidation :thumbsup as for Plockton....why not? great little town with views to match plus a beer garden next to the Loch and a chippy if needed.

Am thinking of travelling up Thursday too so could meet up with Matt-Tiger, the Lodge looks like the place for me anyone fancy sharing ? I promise to leave the axe at home :bad
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour