News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Where to buy valves and head gasket

Started by Rocinante, August 17, 2013, 11:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocinante

Hi all

It´s time for the bi-annual head replacement on Rocinante (did a pretty lousy deal on my last ebay-head-purchase - it had the same intake valve problem as mine did), and I am considering fixing up the original head with new valves.

Anyone know of a good source of valves and head gasket? Locally they are pretty expensive, and also what I have found on the net so far is not to cheap.

www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

davetheworv

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/section.php/4276/1/parts_locator?gclid=CIeb84bI6KwCFQEhtAodJEOzLw

click on tiger carbs and you can see the parts breakdown etc

not cheap though and dont know how much to ship from the UK

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

davetheworv

both excellent to deal with and very knowledgable. thought triumph-ant only did second had parts, my mistake.

Sprint do not show either valves or head gasket on the search but worth asking.

Rocinante

Thanks. World of Triumph or local is the options - it seems that not too many dealers offer these valves anymore.
www.dagjen.no

Rocinante

Or another option; Triumph-ant sells reconditioned cylinder heads (res-eated valves and new seals) for 350 UKP. I think I´ll go for that.
www.dagjen.no

Sin_Tiger

That sounds pretty fair, assuming you'll get some sort of guarantee with that.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Rocinante

I´ll ask when buying but assume they do have a guarantee.

They seem like a pretty solid company and have rebuilt Triumph engines for years, so my confidence in them is high.
www.dagjen.no

rf9rider

I`ve had a few dealings with them, expensive but good.