News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My 955i has started to hiccup momentarily, the low tank and engine management

Started by Wolff, August 17, 2013, 06:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

When you have time, I'd still attack the spinning tank nuts, it's a relatively easy fix and - once you've taken the tank off a couple off times - you'll realise that most jobs are easier with it out of the way.  These days it takes less than 10 minutes for me to take it off.

One thing,  and you'll read these warnings all over the place, run the fuel down first,   25 litres are damned heavy.  Second, have a landing place sorted before you take it off.  Running around the garage looking for somewhere to put it down isn't funny.  Lastly, don't leave it off the bike or you'll be back on here complaining it doesn't fit anymore.  The plastic distorts quite quickly when it's just sat on the floor. Even if you aren't finished the task, put it back on the bike overnight.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...