News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Tachometer.. is it elecrical or mechanical?

Started by coachgeo, September 17, 2013, 02:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachgeo

Yes, Steamer is not near me to go out and investigate myself.  If it is electrical say off one coil...... then I might be in fat city in my conversion to diesel when it comes to using the OEM tach

Reason why is in research for my conversion one thread on another board reads

Quote from: suckindiesel.com/thingyThere has been a lot of talk on this subject (diesel Tachometer), mine works perfect, it is the original rev counter (electric) for the bike, it was a 4 cylinder bike with only two coils giving out dummy sparks. Basically only one coil was connected to the rev counter, so on my bike the key that holds the pulley on the crankshaft signals the proximity sensor....

So with that in mind.... does the Steamer use coil signal for tach?  If so I can do similar as this fellow did and put a proximity sensor on flywheel or shaft off cooling fan orr?  for tach reading.  Some have said ABS signal recievers are basically proximity sensors and my work good for this. 
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Mustang

its electric...........gets a signal from the ecu
i think you are right , it should work for your project