News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Battery Life

Started by TigerTrax, September 18, 2013, 05:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

I just replaced the battery for my '06 Tiger.
I could not believe how long it lasted: 7 years 4 months !
The new one cost $92.

Interstate Batteries... national chain .... if there are any Yanks still on the message board!

BTW: We have about 16 riders coming to Jasper.... a few from 1000 miles.
The more the merrier.....

and if you have not ridden the Ozarks ... you'd be obliged to do so !
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

DavidR8

wow, that's an impressive length of time. regular use of a batter tender?
2006 Girly, stone stock!

TigerTrax

Actually .... no.

During the winter I'll run the tender a few days every couple of weeks.

Then.... only when I've worked on the bike and required battery power....
then pop it on for 24 hours.

Interstate Batteries have always been good for me.

BTW: I run a voltage meter: 13.7 - 14.6 volts all the time.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Chris Canning

I've had around the same non have actually packed up I've just taken them off as I thought I'd had my monies worth,for this trip to Spain I've put another on so that's 2 in 12 years and this is my 3rd,the one I have just taken off is being used for running an inspection light at the local bike breakers!

jsingraham

Jerry....the battery in mine...also an 06, is still the original as well...of course...I don't think I have quite turned over 12,000 miles yet either. 

Was actually thinking about getting a new one prior to heading to AR next month just.  I have been keeping mine on tender for the past year or so though too.
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

Yukon

Replaced my stock battery on my 06 in May.  It would have lasted longer, but left the GPS power supply cord plugged in for about 2 weeks.  I do use a battery tender over the winter months. 

birddogone

I just replaced mine this summer, and it looked like the original. I know the previous owner kept her on a battery tender.
Rod
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"