News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stupid Question #1

Started by BRanstead, March 04, 2005, 05:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRanstead

And some others

1) What exactly is a Steamer?  Was it a certain model year or engine type?

2) What type of suit would you recommend for dirt/mud/rain a two-piece or a one-piece, and what brands do you guy recommend?

3) infact, what other gear do you guys recommend, boots, gloves, helm?

Thnx in advance

-Ranstead

Slim Dave

2) I've been very pleased with my Aerostich Darien jacket/pants combo -- however if I was regularly involved in bad weather riding I suspect that a one-piece would pay-off. I saw a review (at http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com I think) that rated one of the Triumph rain suits very highly.

looch

Dirt + mud = 2-piece suit
Looch

TigerTrax

8)

I'll put a Motoport Ultra II jacket and pants against anything for fit, comfort, weather extremes. At 1000 denier it can take any abrasions.

Using a thermal or Goretex liner ... you are good to go at -20,àû F wind chill to +100,àûF  blast furnace.

Pants are incredible. Full inside leg zip/velcro; Big pockets; Snap Cover over buckle; Super quick in & out.

Both jacket & pants have EXCELLENT  armor and reflective strips. I am always being told ... " .. it's like lights..!"

Pants are $300 w/liner/armor; Jacket $ 500 w/liner, armor.

These folks do custom sizing for you. i.e. ... they made my sleeves and pant legs longer. ( 37" sleevelength/37" inseam ... go figure)

Mine is about 10+ years old ... looks pretty good ... especially the big bug splats!

Go to   www.motoport.com  ...  PS  you will see Ultra II jackets on sale..

be certain to ask what the difference between that and the standard

Ultra II jacket.  Plan on 4-6 weeks wait ... but it is worth it!

When I got mine I washed it 4 times; Hosed it down and beat it with a

broom handle; Let dry in the sun on a cool sunny day .....soft as terry cloth!

Come on down to the Ride-In and see one for yourself!!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

nightowl

1) Steamer is the nickname for the carburated Tigers (93-98).  Later models are known as Girly Tigers.

2) Aerostitch stuuf is very populat with the adventure touring crowd.  Plenty of other choices too.  I suggest you read through the archives at www.advrider.com.  

Cheers

Scott

BRanstead