News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

France and Spain

Started by Spud, September 21, 2013, 08:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

It's a shame you didn't get there but it's no place to go if you ain't 100% we have come back absolutely wrecked with the heat when I recover I'll do a post but never mind the GP, Belchite was everything I'd hoped for and more.

Spud

Just ordered a set of Triumph risers as the first move in obtaining the best riding position I can, I'm having to go "sit up and beg" as I have found my spasm problems are position related. 5 minutes up a ladder the other day and an afternoon is spasm. So if I can get a position of really good posture on the bike I may be able to keep it and not only that ride it.

I have had a quote for lowering the seat and fitting gel cells and a recover from Ross Hunter of Coventry, spoken to Hagon re rear shock, all because of a stupid Eagle or was that me being stupid.

But that engine is so addictive   :bug_eye

cheers Spud  :thumbsup 

Bixxer Bob

After fitting the lowered Hagon I found it a real heave onto the centre stand. With your back issues I would factor in the cost of having the centre stand lowered too. 

If you decide to, measure from a fixed point on the frame front and back (definitely not anything on the forks or swing arm), fit the Hagon and lower the front, then measure again. That will tell you how much the stand has to come off.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Spud

Cheers Bob, Hagon warned about the centre stand issues.

Chris Canning

With having the smaller front wheel getting the bike on CS on my own is OK when it's unloaded, but with all the kit on I need to be standing on it with my other half pulling as well.

Spud

Have a mate in the trade who has found me a riser kit with a set at 28 deg and a set at 32 deg, for a price of £54  :bug_eye  :icon_biggrin: so I have two chances of getting the bars in a decent position.

Spud

Has or does anyone use a Corbin or Sargeant seat on a 955 ? if so what are your thoughts

John Stenhouse

I have a Hunter seat from Coventry, suits me lovely.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Spud

Cheers John I have spoken to Ross Hunter and may well be taking my seat over there, but still doing my research cheers Spud