News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 955i Wanted

Started by chairhead, October 16, 2013, 10:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chairhead

Hello everybody!,
as the title suggests, im after a 955i,i am a genuine buyer with cash burning a hole in my pocket,
I prefer a spoke wheel model, any mileage considered, obviously the more farkles you have the better  :thumbsup
drop me a pm if you are thinking of selling
cheers
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger

I happened to see a very tidy silver/gold 07 plate in a local bike shop. Reputedly low mileage, genuine panniers, decent  top box, Centre stand etc. I think he said 3200 but  obviously there will be some room in that. If your interested I'll get more info for you.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

chairhead

Thanks Sin,
I'm really after a spoke wheel bike, I'd like one as a solo and keep the old one on the chair, it doesn't take long to switch it round but it is a pain the older I get  :icon_lol:, so a solo of the same ilk would be nice, have you thought anymore about a chair?
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger

Missed that bit  :icon_rolleyes: I'll keep my eyes open.

Yes, planning to pick up the Steamer tug in a week or two, then a very early Hedingham solo around the same time, then the  :icon_scratch:  :icon_study: gets started for real.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

chairhead

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on October 18, 2013, 08:54:30 PM

Yes, planning to pick up the Steamer tug in a week or two, then a very early Hedingham solo around the same time, then the  :icon_scratch:  :icon_study: gets started for real.

Cool!,
Pics and a write up would be nice  :icon_wink:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger

Keep an eye on the new Three Legged Tiger thread, currently there are three projects underway including mine. One in the US and another in OZ  :eusa_clap

chairhead

Yeah I saw that  :thumbsup looking forward to some pics  :icon_biggrin:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Spud

A unmarked Blue 955i with very little mileage was on offer at the show yesterday and a couple of ratty Tiga's to. I took a business card so will dig out the number for you

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

chairhead

TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Spud

Try Jones and Alcock ltd on 01785 242407

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Chris Canning

I'd wait and bide your time their have been a couple of wire wheeled Tigers on ebay this year absolute gems low miles and done nothing,dearest one I've seen was £3200,I'm still kicking myself over the one that Timbox gave me the heads up on a while back,he who hesitates is lost e'h  :icon_redface: :icon_evil:

Chris Canning

There you go with all the hard work done,I've no doubt the 'Does it have a full dealer service history brigade' will run a mile but that's a lot of bike for the money.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Tiger-955i-51-tt-sell-or-swap-for-Bike-or-himpg-carkitcar-etc-/200984818964

chairhead

Yep,
its a lot of bike for the money alright,but.................what sets alarm bells ringing for me is the second engine bit, with no info im a tad nervous,but thanks for the heads up Chris  :thumbsup ,im still looking and waiting  :icon_cool:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

T885i_Blk

I have a 885i Tiger, which I am still trying to decide what to do with as it has recently become my second bike after i bought a new Super Tenere.

just over 40k miles, 6months Tax & MOT, Black
lots of farkles...

Mustang oversize footpegs
H&B engine bars
H&B rear top box rack (and H&B top box 45L alu exclusive)
custom sump protection (using sump frame from steamer, mounting to centre stand bolts and engine bars)
Touratech pannier rack
hugger
heated grips
hagon rear shock & fork springs (about 5k miles ago) did the swingarm bearings at the same time
steering head bearings (sep13)
LED battery condition light in dash
12v socket in dash
hella driving lights
Rear light replaced with LED unit.
recent new battery (Sep13)
adjustable levers
Baglux tank cover
taller dark screen
scottoiler
collector box replaced with straight through pipe & Triumph offroad silencer (latest map using TuneECU)
Rear tyre - k60 scout - new at Sep13 only 1k miles done
Front tyre - TKC80 - Seen about 4.5k about half worn, have a new K60 Scout waiting to go on.

I think that's everything off the top of my head.

As Ive changed bits I've kept everything I've taken off. plus a few 'just in case' spares.

Tiger 885i 1999

chairhead

Gentlemen,

my search is over, I took a trip to Leicester yesterday and rode back a fine Girly,pics to follow,
thank you one and all for keeping your ear to the ground and giving plenty of food for thought  :notworthy
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel