News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clutch arm return spring replacement?

Started by fraserdog, October 15, 2013, 11:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraserdog

I noticed before I bought the Tiger that the clutch arm return spring was missing,it's only a few quid but is it possible to replace it without having to remove the complete clutch cover assembly?
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

John Stenhouse

Mines been broke for years, hard to say if it will cause you problems, so far mine hasn't
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Marc

Indeed, mine broke 2 years ago and is still there causing no problem.  And yes, you'll have to remove the clutch cover assembly.
Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

pineygroveshop

Mine was also broken for years before I renewed the clutch and replaced the spring because the opportunity was there.
Cheers,
Stephen

fraserdog

Well I managed to wind a new spring on tonight,i put loads of heavy grade insulation tape on the clutch casing to prevent scratching and removed the rollpin from the clutch arm shaft.I rolled the spring onto a large dia biro first which opens up the coils of the spring,it's a bit of a fiddle but doable,it does open up the coils of the spring a bit but once it's on the shaft it's ok,replace the rollpin and hook the spring over it and job done.
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a