News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Spot/running lights

Started by fraserdog, October 07, 2013, 09:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraserdog

My new to me 2002 Girly (which I pick up on the 12th) has Motad desert engine bars fitted and was thinking of fitting some spot/running lights to them for extra daytime visability,has anyone any recommendations for lights,make/model etc?
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

lukeman

I've heard good things about these, and they would throw lots of light at night as well as providing daytime viz.

http://mondomotos.com/lighting/led/mm10

Timbox2

Quote from: fraserdog on October 07, 2013, 09:35:47 PM
My new to me 2002 Girly (which I pick up on the 12th) has Motad desert engine bars fitted and was thinking of fitting some spot/running lights to them for extra daytime visability,has anyone any recommendations for lights,make/model etc?

Before you go adding extra electrical stuff, you might just want to give the electrics a good looking over, the 955 Girly charging system isnt the most robust and there isnt masses of wattage to play with, though I reckon the lights mentioned above by Lukeman would be ideal as being LED the current draw and watts is pretty low. But just give all the connectors for the Reg/Rec especially a good inspection and clean up, also have a look at the main fuse/holder attached to the battery box. Some have done a Mod to the Reg wiring, I didnt bother, and I also didnt have any probs with mine in 30K miles, but I seem to be one of the few.
2016 Tiger Sport

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

:bug_eye Yea Kenny!! :wave. Welcome back mate  :eusa_clap
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Welcome back :wave to our intrepid inter Web rummager.

I was thinking about you as I took a run up to Grangemouth today,  lovely day for a run :XXsunsmile
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

vince

what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

fraserdog

1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Bixxer Bob

Crees are awesome,  I have a cree torch that's like a light sabre  :icon_razz:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...