News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Low fuel light and range

Started by ssevy, October 23, 2013, 01:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

Tonight I finally ran the tank far enough to see the low fuel light come on, which it did at 180 miles. I just parked it with 214 miles on the dial, and still didn't have to go to reserve. It seems odd that this bike has both a low fuel warning light and a reserve, but I guess the extra warning isn't a bad thing. My bike is a 95 and has the Mikunis on it. They still have a bit of a flat spot when you are taking off from a stop, but when you are cruising at 4500 to 5000 RPMs and you grab a handful, it really gives you a big kick in the pants!
The bike starts so well and idles so well that I am reluctant to fiddle with it much, but I haven't had the carbs, airbox or plugs out of it since I bought it this summer, and I really need to check the valves etc., as it now has 18000 on it and I'm not sure just what was done to it.
Best vehicle of any type that I have ever owned. Just a joy to ride.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

At that point in history I think people were still getting used to electric gizmos. Still nice to have that safety net, surely nobody could be dumb enough to run out after ignoring both  :icon_redface: :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on October 23, 2013, 02:58:34 PM
At that point in history I think people were still getting used to electric gizmos. Still nice to have that safety net, surely nobody could be dumb enough to run out after ignoring both  :icon_redface: :icon_rolleyes:
:augie not by choice , but have done it
Middle of nowhere Oklahoma on a dirt road , late Sunday afternoon ,270 miles on the clock

Sin_Tiger

:notworthy Thank you for making me feel a bit less of a  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

ill have to put my hands up to that one too. ya not alone sin lol
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

akendall1966

How about a jump start on a low battery, ran out of fuel 1/4 mile from the garage pushed to the garage filled up. Not enough battery to restart. 

Failed to think that one through:o
----AK-----