News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

San Diego

Started by Chris Canning, October 14, 2013, 08:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

I/we are in San Diego over the new year not a completely motorcycle free holiday but it may end up a close thing,any recommendations assuming we do have some time on our hands and any decent bike shops worth a look at.

Chris Canning

I won't start another thread for the Americans on here is it normal to tip in the US and if so as I've been informed how much  :icon_biggrin:

ned37

10 to 20% depending on the service.  much less if you eat at mcdonalds (0%)
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

Bixxer Bob

Interesting topic this because I never know what is the right tip.  10-20% in restaurants is pretty standard, but how much for being shown to your room in a hotel for instance?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

We'll never been to the States before and certainly never experience jet lag,but had a wry smile soon after collecting the rental car see a bike coming in my mirror look as he comes past a 955 Tiger being ridden like it should!!!!! :wave

ned37

Quotebut how much for being shown to your room in a hotel for instance?
it's rare when anybody takes you to the room anymore.  (but maybe that's because i'm always in the low budget places).
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Chris Canning on December 28, 2013, 03:22:51 PM
as he comes past a 955 Tiger being ridden like it should!!!!! :wave

Makes your day doesn't it  :icon_mrgreen:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

I have only seen two guys making an effort their road manners are something else!!!,one was the guy on the Tiger and the other was in Dodge Charger.

Chris Canning

What we went to see a week ago and there's another round that will added tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/user/motomonstervideos/videos