News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Parts

Started by nickjtc, December 09, 2013, 07:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

So, in the experience of all you happy Steamer-ites, where do you go to get parts?  :icon_scratch:

The nearest Triumph dealer?
On-line from a parts supplier, such as Bike Bandit?
eBay?
All of the above?
Somewhere else?

My previous Triumph was a new '10 Thruxton, so I used the supplying dealer for most of my needs. Can I assume that parts and odds and sods for Stanley, being a '96, might be harder to get from a dealer???

Your experiences, please and than q.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Geoff W

Uk suppliers, but ship worldwide: Worldoftriumph.com, squaredeals.co.uk, triumphparts.gbr.cc. Don't know about in the USA.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Mustang

Tiger specific stuff like air boxes and body parts and some of the triumph specific shit I usually go to Bike bandit
takes two weeks sometimes less sometimes more .
same as from dealer same prices too !

I figure I can order them same as a dealer can .
other things like chains sprockets tires brakes can be sourced from ebay as well as the big boys like mc superstore and dennis kirk etc etc .

Nick Calne

Ebay is the best source in the UK.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Frosties

Quote from: nickjtc on December 09, 2013, 07:10:38 PM

Can I assume that parts and odds and sods for Stanley, being a '96, might be harder to get from a dealer???

Glad to see you've given your bike a proper name. Mine's called Tony.

If you give a bike a girl's name it'll only let you down  :icon_biggrin:

nickjtc

Quote from: Frosties on December 19, 2013, 06:24:06 PM
If you give a bike a girl's name it'll only let you down  :icon_biggrin:

Hmmm. So what are Girly owners supposed to call their bikes....?  :augie

Anybody out there got any comment about Fram oil filters? I have used them in car and truck applications with no issues, but never on a bike. Stanley's p/o gave me a couple when I picked him up so I would like to use them up.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"