News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Does your cherished Tiger have a nickname......

Started by nickjtc, December 12, 2013, 08:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

From the 1996 UK Triumph brochure........... so is this fellows name Barnaby, perhaps? Erm, who twiddles a (waxed) moustache these days?

I will now run to the sidelines, grab a beverage du jour and some munchies and watch what happens.  :augie
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Handlebar only required facial hair for Red ones.
Blue ones require the full ZZ Top  :augie

That reminds me, I need batteries for my beard trimmer and a new flag for the tent before my next camping trip, tally ho!
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 31, 2014, 09:57:05 AM
Handlebar only required facial hair for Red ones. That reminds me, I need batteries for my beard trimmer and a new flag for the tent before my next camping trip, tally ho!

Pip, pip old chap. Top hole, and all that. Hmmm, Stanley is a red one, so I suppose I'd better start re-growing the facial hair asap, pdq or in a timely fashion in time for Spring.  :icon_wink: :icon_wink:

Grant Ham

Have 2 tigers.  A black '04 we call Betty.  A White '13 we call Lilly.  Also have a '96 Trident that lives out of state.  Call her Trixie.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Grant Ham on February 27, 2014, 02:58:40 AM
Have 2 tigers.  A black '04 we call Betty.  A White '13 we call Lilly.  Also have a '96 Trident that lives out of state.  Call her Trixie.

Very cute :thumbsup you only need a Steamer now to complete the unholy triumvirate   :bad

Oh, and a warm welcome also  :occasion14
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

TigerJon

Meet Lucy!  She was purchased for my wife, Michelle, to be comfortable for travelling.  We've put 30k miles on her in the last 3 years.  I named her after Michelle's nickname, because she always has some " 'splaining to do!"

We also own "Bonnie", named for obvious reasons.....
Jon
2005 Tiger 955i

nickjtc

Quote from: TigerJon on February 28, 2014, 03:10:46 AMWe also own "Bonnie", named for obvious reasons.....

Interesting riding gear you've got on there!!

Nick Calne

Loving the riding gear too. 50% safety conscious, 50% devil may care with a Scottish twist.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Yukon

Quote from: nickjtc on February 28, 2014, 04:46:40 AM
Quote from: TigerJon on February 28, 2014, 03:10:46 AMWe also own "Bonnie", named for obvious reasons.....

Information can be found in the next to the last paragraph here : http://thedragonraid.com/about.htm

TigerJon

Quote from: Yukon on March 02, 2014, 12:26:53 AM
Quote from: nickjtc on February 28, 2014, 04:46:40 AM

Information can be found in the next to the last paragraph here : http://thedragonraid.com/about.htm

The kilt run is always a lot of fun!  There is another happening soon in Arkansas also http://www.ozarkratraid.com/index.html
Jon
2005 Tiger 955i

coachgeo

Quote from: TigerJon on February 28, 2014, 03:10:46 AM

Meet Lucy!  She was purchased for my wife, Michelle, to be comfortable for travelling.  We've put 30k miles on her in the last 3 years.  I named her after Michelle's nickname, because she always has some " 'splaining to do!"

We also own "Bonnie", named for obvious reasons.....

Hey Neighbor.  I work in Springboro and live little south of there too. 
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

coachgeo

hmmm......... nickname I guess....... T-Bota or Mr. TK.   Full name.... TriBota named after the Cyborg matching of the Triumph and Kubota pumper.  I pray I finally ride her this summer :wheel
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Sin_Tiger

:icon_mrgreen: sgian dubh in one sock and puncture repair kit in the other  :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...