News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Handlebars

Started by JayDub, December 21, 2013, 07:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

My steamer came with renthall handlebars, and although it looks rather sexy I think they look straighter and possibly wider and higher than the
OEM ones and need to be more pulled back, this would be confirmed by the fact that the brake/clutch resevoirs push against the screen - I can't use the steering lock.  This is only a guess as I don't know how the OEM bars actually are, but they do cause some discomfort due to an old wrist injury.  My question is... does anyone know which other tiger/triumph bars are the same height and shape as on the steamer? Does anyone in the UK have any OEM bars for sale? or a swap for my renthalls even.

Sin_Tiger

I have a set that'll be coming off in Feb and a pair of matching 25mm risers, can't help you before then but they will be cheap enough if you can wait.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

I'm listening! I think I can wait til then (assuming you'll not be in Singapore in Feb) I don't know if mine still have stock clamps or not, but give me some numbers to think about. and thanks!

ynotbiker

ive got a set,hows about £30 posted also with bar ends. :thumbsup

JayDub

Quote from: ynotbiker on December 22, 2013, 05:30:56 PM
ive got a set,hows about £30 posted also with bar ends. :thumbsup
In good nick? Original ones? not bent? black or chrome?... you don't mind 'Sin_Tiger' :icon_biggrin:
Hah! just seen your PM. - Black IS faster :icon_wink:

ynotbiker

JayDub

:sign13 Just a thought but, do any of you know if the handlbars from another Tiger model are the same pattern/shape as the 95 steamer?

Mustang

Quote from: JayDub on December 24, 2013, 02:54:26 PM
:sign13 Just a thought but, do any of you know if the handlbars from another Tiger model are the same pattern/shape as the 95 steamer?
only steamers have the same bend . 93-98's
personally I think the stock bars suck .
A set of atv bars is what works the best on steamers for me ...................YMMV

rf9rider

Quote from: Mustang on December 24, 2013, 10:29:21 PM
A set of atv bars is what works the best on steamers for me ...................YMMV

Same here, i bought a set of Moose ATV bars from the USA, soooooo more comfortable than the originals.

JayDub

Quote from: Mustang on December 24, 2013, 10:29:21 PM
So why do the stock bars suck? There seems to be a lot of people changing them, I thought it was just for styling.  I need the bars to have more pull back than on the renthalls fitted, due to an old wrist injury.  I looked up moose bars but not much available in the UK and shipping too high from US.  I'm guessing that ATV bars are all generally of a similar shape and not as straight as MX bars? does anyone know the width, height and pull back of the stock steamers for comparison?