News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2005 Aluminum bags (panniers) and rack - east of San Francisco

Started by tgrrdr, January 16, 2014, 06:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgrrdr

hi there,
email is probably the best way to contact me: tgrrdr@gmail.com

I got this rack and these bags with my 2005 Tiger. Since they're off an 05 they should fit 1999 - 2006. They are in pretty good shape, one scratched corner, looks like from a crash but bags seem otherwise undamaged (see later post and new pictures - 4/2/2014 - that attempt to show other damage to teh cases). I don't have any hardware (bolts) to mount the racks to the bike.

These look like Happy Trails Owyhee bags and an SU rack but I can't guarantee that's what they are.

The HT bags are $1,009 if you order them new, I'm thinking $450 + $25 shipping is a fair price for these, will consider offers. Can also pickup in Pleasant Hill, CA (30 min east of San Fran)  :icon_smile:

4/2/2014 edit
click here for more pics.

more hi-res pics at:
http://bornman.net/forsale/tiger/05/

http://www.happy-trail.com/Triumph-Tiger-955/Aluminum-Panniers-Owyhee-Tiger-955.aspx
Bill Bornman 98BRG 05
N37-57.7 W122-05.0

cba191

'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

tgrrdr

Quote from: cba191 on January 22, 2014, 11:32:49 PM
Do you have any pics on the bike?

sorry for the delay, just saw this post. No pics on the bike. I have a different rack on the bike now, might be able to put the bags on it and take some pics but not sure that will show anything useful.

Bill Bornman 98BRG 05
N37-57.7 W122-05.0

greatbuffalo

2001 Triumph Tiger. Black

tgrrdr

To answer a question I got, the wider case is slightly bent where the bottom supports come through the case - maybe an inch of the metal is bent in a half-moon shape. I tried to take some pictures that show this but it doesn't show up that well in the photos. The top supports look bent in the original picture but this is only because they weren't tight and the silver mounts were sagging away from teh case.

One of the ends of this same case is also dented in about 1/4 inch (not the whole end, just a portion). I didn't notice this before and it doesn't show up well in a direct photo. I put a block of wood on the side with some pennies under it so it's visible. I'll post a link to the additional pictures in my first post.
Bill Bornman 98BRG 05
N37-57.7 W122-05.0

tgrrdr

I still have these - make me an offer if interested. Can sell rack separately (don't want to sell bags first).

tgrrdr@gmail.com
Bill Bornman 98BRG 05
N37-57.7 W122-05.0

ScootsMcGoots

Hey I know this is an old post and a long shot but do you by chance still have those panniers?