News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

OEM Headlight Wiring image

Started by ArchRider, January 26, 2014, 02:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArchRider

I'm going to take a picture of what I have and post it on here to see whether it looks like what everyone else has.  I went and ran my voltage meter back to the battery and from there, all appears to be fine.  Getting plenty of juice throughout an entire ride and even after I got her home and parker her for a week.
Perhaps it's something else.  I haven't had the opportunity to check for leaks with a meter, as was suggested earlier.  I'll be doing that soon to see whether I do have any problems.

Thanks for all the comments.  This forum makes troubleshooting much easier than fumbling around without any feedback.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Boo on February 09, 2014, 09:53:28 PM
That way you can ride with head or side lights or none at all.

You might want to check the construction and use regs. I can't at the moment and can't recall what year the dipped beam on all the time came into force.

Other countries vary, I have heard it even varies between US states  :icon_scratch:

OT - In Cambodia you have to actually physically cover your front lights during daylight hours, switching them off is not enough  :violent1 weird or what?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Dipped beam running lights came in 2005. Although in theory you could get a fixed penalty for converting to a switch, it would be a clever and pedantic copper to give you one. It's not an MOT check or fail.  Driving light are though.  They have to dip or extinguish when the main beams do and they must have an independent switch.  Converting to both on, main or dip, is more down to your MOTer. If he spots the beam pattern is wrong it's a fail.  So far, mine hasn't.  To best of my knowledge of course disclaimer  etc etc....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...