News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tip over/tilt sensor/switch

Started by chairhead, February 01, 2014, 02:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chairhead

After fitting an 07 loom to my 03 Girly im left with a tilt sensor block connector that needs filling, luckily I have one on my 04 Girly, this fits and everything works just fine, my question is, how can I get away without  said sensor/switch that I don't really need on the 03 (sidecar fitted), is it possible to join a couple of the wires to in effect loop it or do I need to buy another sensor  :augie , there are three wires that run to it,

thanks in advance
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Bixxer Bob

I've been through all my circuit diagrams and can't find it anywhere. What colours are the wires?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I think it's just an encapsulated mercury switch. Three wires  :icon_scratch:  I would expect one is Common, one an NC (Normally Closed) for upright and the third an NO (Normally Open) for when it takes a nap. Should be quite straight forward to check continuity with a meter on ohms / buzzer, if that works I would just link out the common and NC for the Tug.

Not owning a Girly and I never looked closely at the arrangements on the Roadie or the Beaker XC, so I can't be sure, I do know they both worked though  :augie  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Funny thing is I know I have one, but it's not on the drawings as far as I can find.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

chairhead

I'll have a look at the colours tomorrow guys, but im sure its as Sin says, its just a case of linking the two correct wires together'
and with only three to choose from what could go wrong................... :icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Mustang

Bixxer Bob

Mustang

chairhead

TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint