News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dag Nam it!

Started by DavidR8, February 06, 2014, 06:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidR8

Dropped the BluCat this morning. Sidestand wasn't completely down and the bike rolled forward and down. No way could I stop it.

Of course, I just filled it with fuel.

Nor could I pick it up.  :icon_redface:
2006 Girly, stone stock!

blacktiger

Yep 24 litres of fuel in the wrong place are fuggin heavy. :icon_sad:
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

DavidR8

On the plus side the Triumph designers and and engineers were pretty smart with the hard case design. The handlebar end and the black plastic at the bottom was made contact with the road.
2006 Girly, stone stock!

HockleyBoy

Unfortunately this has happened to most of us. Some of us more than once  :icon_redface:
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Marc

Quote from: HockleyBoy on February 07, 2014, 09:34:31 AM
Unfortunately this has happened to most of us. Some of us more than once  :icon_redface:

:iagree    :icon_redface:
Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

Mustang

DavidR8

Two times for me now.

Neither time was I able to pick it up with out assistance. So much for adrenalin kicking in and giving me super human strength.... :icon_frown:
2006 Girly, stone stock!

JayDub

Its not happened to me - yet  :bowdown but its something I have nightmares about, I though that it was just time catching up with me, but these are VERY heavy bikes as well as having the weight so high up. I'm glad its not just me then :icon_biggrin: I've seen some of the places people take them and all I can say is... Bravo :eusa_clap - OK, I'm a coward :icon_smile:

DavidR8

One consolation I have is that both times she has gone down it was stationary so the damage was next to nothing.

But if it happens in a parking lot, the idea of needing to flag down a stranger is not very appealing.
2006 Girly, stone stock!

v8er6.6

Dropped mine for the first time last week, road tyres and muddy grass don't mix too well :(
There was no damage except a muddy handlebar and footpeg. I picked her up no problem but then again, I'm a builder so I'm used to the lifting.

Spud

Mine decided to have a little lie down on a busy Saturday morning in the middle of London, oh how did the locals laugh  :icon_scratch:

:nap   :nono

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

DavidR8

I plan to take my beast and a friend to a field so that I can figure out how to pick it up by myself...

I've seen every video of people picking up a Harley, Beemer etc but it would love to see a video of someone picking up a downed Tiger by themselves.

I have a video camera but I can't pick the bloody thing up...

2006 Girly, stone stock!

threepot

Dropped mine a few times off-roading.  Once on a slight gradient,which makes it even harder to pick up. Parting with part of your intestine thru your bum-hole springs to mind :icon_redface:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: threepot on February 16, 2014, 11:01:28 PM
Parting with part of your intestine thru your bum-hole springs to mind :icon_redface:

A bit much detail there thanks  :pottytrain2
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Had that misfortune myself, several times. Usually it is just the ego that is damaged, but if it is a '00 VFR800 the plastic can take a bit of a beating. Nothing that a few appropriately placed bits of faux carbon fibre tape cannot put right, though  :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"