News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Vulcan visit. July 19th 2014

Started by blacktiger, February 06, 2014, 08:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

I've arranged a "Triumph only" visit to the Vulcan bomber at Wellesbourne airfield on July 19th. If anyone is interested in joining us let me know on here.
http://www.xm655.com/
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

threepot

Sounds interesting. Might be up for that :icon_smile:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Nick Calne

If time permits, that sounds ace.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Sounds interesting, I fear I will be otherwise occupied though  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

aesdj

Love to come to this BlackTiger. Keep us all posted and I'll do my best to get there.

John Stenhouse

I've seen it before, does that count? I'm only down the road so I'll come if I can get some cover and then the coffee is at my place.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

blacktiger

Quote from: John Stenhouse on February 14, 2014, 12:00:56 PM
I've seen it before, does that count? I'm only down the road so I'll come if I can get some cover and then the coffee is at my place.

That's a good offer John. I hope you've got plenty of mugs. This could be quite big. :icon_lol:

Bixxer Bob

Tentative yes from me too.  We used to do majors on them at St Athan when I was a young lad and have a lot of very fond memories.....    ("major" = major servicing, close on a total strip and rebuild, took many months)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

threepot

Any decent accommodation around there John? Would be nice to stop over,rather than do it all in a day :new_all_coholic
95 Super111
96 Tiger

John Stenhouse

Plenty of B&Bs around, nearest big hotel is in Warwick and is a hilton, theres a travel lodge in Stratford on Avon.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

blacktiger

Quote from: threepot on February 19, 2014, 09:58:22 PM
Any decent accommodation around there John? Would be nice to stop over,rather than do it all in a day :new_all_coholic
Quote from: John Stenhouse on February 20, 2014, 11:26:25 AM
Plenty of B&Bs around, nearest big hotel is in Warwick and is a hilton, theres a travel lodge in Stratford on Avon.

http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thekingsheadwellesbourne/drink/
I'm thinking of asking them if we can use their car park as a gathering place (Google view shows it as quite big) on the day as people will be coming from all over. Might help if someone actually books accommodation there.

aesdj

Bloody Hell BlackTiger how many have said there coming?

blacktiger

Quote from: aesdj on February 20, 2014, 08:39:59 PM
Bloody Hell BlackTiger how many have said there coming?

Early days yet but there's my RAT pack plus the local TOMCC plus I've posted on here and the Tiger800 forum. As we know a lot of people show interest but then find an excuse not to turn up. I know I'll be going and I'll post up a time and a place to meet nearer the date.

blacktiger

Just made contact again to keep them informed.
Reply:-
Hi Howard,
Thanks for the update.
Main engine starting on our pan is a definite no – if we tried it then all our buildings would be rapidly relocated a good deal nearer to Stratford-upo-Avon!
That said (dependent on aircraft serviceability) we will be able to give your group a good demonstration of the various hydraulic and electrical systems on the aircraft including bomb doors, airbrakes, landing lights, flying control surfaces, etc. We will probably be able to power up the Airborne Auxiliary Power Pack (more commonly  known as the Rover) and provide the 200v AC and 28v DC from that rather than the Houchin ground supply diesel unit – that way we do at least have one jet engine making some noise!

I look forward to hearing of final numbers in due course....
Kind regards,
Charles

blacktiger