News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly DOA

Started by 737captain, February 12, 2014, 03:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

737captain

Beautiful day today in Florida, we had a couple of errands to run so decided to take the Tiger. She started fine ran for a few minutes on the driveway, accelerated away just a textbook ride....... For about 2 miles.

I pulled up to a red light and she stopped dead, I mean dead, not lights, no ignition, no gauges nuttin. I got her home, the battery is fully charged and terminals are tight. Kill switch is on. The fuse in in tact.

Where do I go now? Any ideas before I head to the dealer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Canning

You say the battery is fully charged what did you test it on I say on not what with make sure it works,and if it's good as you say then you have a bad connection you've just got to find it by a process of elmination just like the dealer,check and separate all the connectors,main earth from the battery,kill switch,side stand,iginition.

737captain

I simply ran a meter across it with no load it showed 12.9 v. It's fairly new. Thinks like the kill switch, kickstand switch would cause a total blackout would they?

Thanks for your help.

NortonCharlie

Take a look at the wires on the back of the ignition switch.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Chris Canning

Assuming your happy with the battery it's just a case of checking for power,I only mention battery after my experience but if you check on here others have had problems with the ignition switch,just a case of working through the variables with a power tester rocket science it ain't.

Bixxer Bob

If it's completely dead (including the clock) go to the 30A fuse on the left outside of the battery box. Box has to come out to do this.  If the clock is working, it's pretty much certain its the ign switch wiring. They corrode at the soldered terminals on the back, as Chris said.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

737captain

Thank you gentlemen. I'm out of town for a few days but when I get home I'll check the fuse and switch wiring.

Thanks again

737captain

The main fuse had fallen out, missing completely!

Thank you for your help everyone

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...