News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Whine coming from right-hand side

Started by Mr_J, February 18, 2014, 09:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_J

Hi guys,

I'm sorry for posting one of those "my bike's making a funny sound" threads, but I'm at a bit of a loss here.

I've got a 2001 Girly, and when I start the bike first thing in the morning, there's a whine coming from the right-hand side. I think it's coming from the clutch casing, but I can't be sure. The noise lasts for about a minute before stopping. I get the impression it goes once then engine starts to warm up.

I did an oil and filter change less than a 1000 miles ago, I've checked the oil level and it's fine, and I don't think the clutch is slipping, although I have no idea how to tell.

Any ideas what it could be? Is the clutch on it's way out, and should I stop riding it? I really don't want to have to get the train to work!

Cheers in advance!

Bixxer Bob

Welcome Mr J!

Hard to say with so little to go on, can you post a short video with sound?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mr_J

I know it's not a lot of info, but cheers for replying and cheers for the welcome!

I'll get a video in the morning, as that's the only time it happens.

chairhead

Don't ride it for the first minute..... :icon_lol:

Ok, sorry, its not the fuel pump resonating through the tank is it?, just a thought.
Clutch slip can happen as you power on, the engine revs go up, but you don't go any faster but in fact loose drive.
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Mr_J

Chairhead, why I oughtta...:icon_lol:

Well, true to Sod's law, she didn't bloody whine this morning!

Fingers crossed that's the end of it, but if she does it again, I'll get the video up.

Mr_J

So, she did it again this morning, although I'm now convinced it's directly related to the temperature. It was noticeably colder this morning, compared to the last couple of days...

As promised, here's the SUPER EXCITING video:

If it's not just the cold, I'd appreciate any insights you guys might have.

Thanks again!