News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

885i oil filter

Started by swappy, November 29, 2013, 07:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swappy

Anyone got a part number for a oil filter for a 1999 Tiger 885i, not the triumph part number but one from champion or some other manufacturer. I've ptcked one up from halfords but it is smaller in diameter, unless the one that's on isn't correct, anyway thought I might be able to pick one up locally from a local motor factors instead of paying stealers prices, but they don't list bike spares on their computers.  :icon_scratch:
Yellow tiger 885i 1999

metalguru

Would prefer to fit OE oil filters as they are made to a standard.
Most motor factors will have a book on fitment sizes, ie, thread and filter body size.
Fram Purolator, HF to name a few all make a filter to suit but by the time you have done the research it will have cost more than the tenner for the original!!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

swappy

Took your advide metalguru and bought a genuine triumph filter and sump plug easher for less than a tenner from a local dealer, then brought a 65mm filter wrench but the wrench wouldn't fit the Hiflow filter that was on the bike fitted by previous owner so then had to buy a 68mm filter wrench to fit that so i could remove it. After removing the filter and comparing it to the new one there was no physical differences just the size of the wrench required  :icon_rolleyes:.
Anyways problem solved bike now got new oil and filter, previous owner said he had done both the day before i brought the bike but looking at the oil i removed i doubt it :nono.
I will stick to genuine filters from now on, at least i have a couple of nice filter wrenches.  :wheel
Yellow tiger 885i 1999

Chris Canning

I've run both in mine both Hiflo and genuine.

DKWrider

Not sure if you can get these in the UK or not but FRAM part number is PH6017A.  KN-204 fits and it has a 17mm nut on top for easy removal.  K&N will tell you that KN-192 is correct filter but it is not.  It is a paper element.  I even went so far as to contact K&N and they told me that I was wrong.  That I must have an aftermarket kit adapter to a spin on.  Wrong. 
2000 Lightning Yellow Tiger

HamrenDan

K&N 191 ... Get em on Ebay and occasionally they have them at Cyclegear.  Nut on top ( or bottom as its mounted ) for easy on and off. $15 at CGear ( saw it there yesterday after I bought on on ebay for about the same shipped .. Save on 2 filters or more..

HamrenDan
1999 885 Tiger
Previous 99 955i Sprint ST