News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Demo rode Speed Triple 05 today

Started by BP_LONDON, March 19, 2005, 06:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, very nice machine. Stonking engine and feather light controls. The bike handles perfectly, but I'd say the only thing I really don't like about it is the small turning radius. The steering locks much sooner than the Tiger.

Fuelling is spot on due to the new EFI unit - it seems much smoother and more forgiving than the 955i efi - although it is snatchy at times- by snatchy I mean you move the throttle a millimetre the engine will respond - it's super sensitive.

All in all a very FUN machine, but not nearly as practical as the Tiger.

Brock

Yeah...I'd call it "twitchy" it's a lovely machine, and it looks gorgeous but on a slightly bumpy road, I found the throttle way too sensitive. Jumped back on the Tiger, and I swear I did the same stretch of road quicker and smoother.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "Brock"Yeah...I'd call it "twitchy" it's a lovely machine, and it looks gorgeous but on a slightly bumpy road, I found the throttle way too sensitive. Jumped back on the Tiger, and I swear I did the same stretch of road quicker and smoother.

yes, twitchy is a good word to desecribe it. I guess its exactly what the wheelie guys are looking for.  8)

MikeB

I loved it but I would get addicted to it - anyway. a third bike appears to be out of the question, if the feedback I got when I mentioned it is anything to go by .....
------------------------------------------------

2005 Tiger - silver

1997 T\'Bird- black

ChrisN

I think the Speed Triple looks great but is limited to urban riding only and with a limited budget I'll have to pass.
Chris