News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Took my last ride on Sunday.

Started by benebob, December 29, 2012, 04:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benebob

Just an update on the status of the hit and run coked out drunk driver who hit me.  Today was her second day in jail of a 11.5-23 month sentence  (of course she'll get out sooner with good behavior and will also get work release).  Only took 14 month from when she hit me to when she plead guilty.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

birddogone

I never forget what the father in Texas said after he killed the SOB that molested and killed his son. "At least I did something".......
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

benebob

I've simply moved on.  No point harboring hate as it just makes me a drag to be around (although I'm getting some ink on my bad shoulder  for my closure next week).  Still have 2 more surgeries on the horizon, a hip labrum tear and a shoulder labrum tear.  The hip will come in the spring and likely leave the bike unused for 3-6 months.  Still miss my 885i and even though the 955i is so much better and more refined, it just doesn't feel like "my bike".
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

Sin_Tiger

Glad to see you're moving on Brother, I hope I have your fortitude if the day ever comes  :notworthy

I only wonder what other damage she might have done in that time.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

This whole sorry story just reinforces the reality that a significant number of drivers in North America take no pride in the 'craft' that is operating a motor vehicle. Apart from the drunk drivers out there, now we are having to contend more and more with 'distracted' drivers who think it is acceptable to drive with a cell phone stuck to their ear.

And the really tragic thing is that this attitude starts right at the beginning of a novice drivers career. I've lost count of the number of times I have been verbally abused at the end of a road test by a driver who has not qualified, who berates me for pointing out that they sped through a controlled speed zone or made an unsafe turn at an intersection. They usually say that it should not be a big deal because "everybody does it".
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

HockleyBoy

Quote from: nickjtc on March 05, 2014, 09:12:22 PM
This whole sorry story just reinforces the reality that a significant number of drivers in North America take no pride in the 'craft' that is operating a motor vehicle. Apart from the drunk drivers out there, now we are having to contend more and more with 'distracted' drivers who think it is acceptable to drive with a cell phone stuck to their ear.

Not just North America  :icon_mad:
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport