News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New seating option

Started by cba191, February 27, 2014, 07:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cba191

I'm not sure what model the Wilbers is.  I ordered it from http://www.beemershop.com/.  I told Ted what I had.  What I would be using it for.  He then proceeded to ask a bajillion questions about weights, riding style, packing, and stuff like that.  Before I knew he took about 1100 bucks.  Haven't had a chance to try it yet though.  Too many projects.  Just got the ol' girl back together today. 
The seat would  have been a lot less money if I would have sent the pillion in for them to build a cover around the stock foam, but it was ~$280.
I know it's a ton of money to dump into a bike that only cost me $4k.  But I figure that based on the fact that I'm keeping her, there is value in making her awesome.   :thumbsup
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

NortonCharlie

How are you liking your seat now that you have had it a while?  I am in the market for an upgrade.  The Triumph Gel had done a reasonable job but would like something a little better on long days. 
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

NortonCharlie

I hope you like it, I am sending my seat out today.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

NortonCharlie

New recovered seat showed up a few minutes ago, looks good.  I still have a few parts to swap but hopefully can get out for a good long test ride this weekend and see how it feels.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

bigdan74

hey norton charlie, is the new seat any taller than stock?  i'd like a little more leg room... i've already done the lowered pegs...

cba191

Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner, but I love the new seat. I just spent 3 1/2 weeks to Alaska and back. I also used an airhawk, because I wanted all the help I could get.
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

NortonCharlie

Finally got a chance to get out for a good ride on the new seat.  Feels pretty hard, my guess is it will soften enough to make it about right.  It shifts me forward just a little, I think I might try setting the seat to the highest position in front and the back in  the center.  All said and done I like it.  I didn't feel like I needed to stand up until about 2 hours into my ride which is better than my Triumph gel seat.  A little break in and I think I will be very happy.

Bigdan74, this isn't the seat for you if you are looking for more leg room, if anything it might shorten it by shifting you forward.  Have you tried a Corbin, the 1st one I had really opens up the leg room, a little taller plus a little shift back.  I got rid of mine because my legs were not quite long enough and it put the ground a little further away than comfortable for me.   I got another Corbin with a bike a bought which had been modified for a vertically challenged person, for me it was the most uncomfortable thing I ever sat in.

All said I think it will work well for me.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

bigdan74

thanks for the info NC, i have looked at the corbin on the internet but that is as far as i've gone so far.  been more focused on racks/bags and tires lately...  truth be told the seat isn't horrible as it is now but it's not quite there...

NortonCharlie

If my legs had been about 2 inches longer, the new Corbin I bought would have been perfect.  I guess the dish shaped seat combined with a small rip in the crotch of my rain gear made for a rather uncomfortable ride in the rain.  But other than that it is the only seat where I could sit through a full tank of gas and not regret getting back on.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando