News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Battery recommendations

Started by chinchliffe, March 14, 2014, 09:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chinchliffe

Hi All,

Looking to buy a new battery for my 05 Tiger. Have been looking at a Lucas or Exide, only because they are names I know. Anyone got any recommendations?

Chris

Chris Canning

To be honest to can make a decent plug for all of them lead/acid,Gel,blimey I've even got a lithium on my XT 660,if your looking for a dead cert I'd go Yuasa but with so many options you can go for anything if it were possible I fit an Odyssey because I believe they are the very best but they don't do one for the Tiger and my last two on the Tiger have been Varta.

trophydave

I have a Motobat in mine.It's only been fitted for just over a year so I cant give any idea of how long it might last.

fraserdog

Yuasa would be my first choice,i've had one on my ZR1100 for 3 years and when the bike had stood for 4-5 months I expected the battery to be a bit down but when I went to start it it span over like a fully charged battery.  :thumbsup
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

NKL

My 990 came with a Motobat fitted and it's still there three years later, so if it can last that long on a bike that is supposed to eat batteries they must be quite good.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

metalguru

:iagree

Defo Motobatt, very good, last ages, don't seem to discharge themselves, great cranking power too.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

chinchliffe

Thanks Guys,

Have ordered a motobatt. The battery its replacing on my 05 Tiger is the original, so if it lasts the same length of time I'll be pleased!

Chris

Chris Canning

What I've found with batteries it's not how long they last it's what happen's when they go belly up like the one on my K,the lead acid gently die a death the gel stuff drops of a cliff.