News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wherento go?

Started by Boo, March 23, 2014, 10:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boo

:5moped I fancy a trip to mainland Europe this August. Any suggestions as to a good event to take Tigger? Triumph or Britt Rally would be good. Any vintage gathering, old bike meet custom  rally or adventure weekend will do. I just need a good detination.
I NEED to go somewhere nice.

Boo.

nickjtc

Save up your money and come here. More smiles per mile than anywhere else. And there are lots of motorcycle orientated events to keep a person interested.

Yes, I know it's not a practical thought! :icon_rolleyes:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

John Stenhouse

How about the Stella Alpina, French/Italian alps, stunning roads, good food, and the chance of getting your Tiger half way up a mountain.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Boo

Ahh Canada! The land of mountains, great lakes, wonderfull wild, wide open roads and mozzies.  :Topes Only 3,000 miles of sea to conquer first.
Stella alpina Rally, most enjoyable. Been there, done that! It was good, and on my list. Sadly it's the wrong month. August is the only time I can get away.  :kboom
Anything going on in Portugal or matbe Tuscany? :XXsunsmile

nickjtc

Quote from: Boo on March 25, 2014, 09:32:18 PM
Ahh Canada! The land of ...... mozzies.

Ah, luckily not in this neck of the woods. Too dry. Hereabouts is probably the best part of this fair land to live... four distinct seasons, unlimited outdoor recreational activities, stonking motorcycle roads, and in the summer if you decide to have a barbecue the chances are very good it will NOT rain!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Boo

You have just described to me paradise.  :notworthy Tiggers don't like water, and sadly there is a hell of a lot of it between here and you. I will have to settle for pasta and sausage related destinations. My Dad was in Canada once, for four years, about 85 years ago. Probably changed a little since the great depression!

Geoff W

Triumph week in Newchurch/neukirchen in Germany is worth looking at. A few years ago I looked at a rally in Finland for British bikes only , it is on an island I think. I will have to try and find it again, but he name I had was in Finnish so not memorable for me.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

blacktiger

Quote from: Geoff W on March 26, 2014, 11:38:22 PM
Triumph week in Newchurch/neukirchen in Germany is worth looking at.

He said AUGUST.

I think you're out of luck in August because the whole of the continent goes on holiday. Even some hoteliers go away and miss all that extra business. Stupid or what? I wouldn't tour in August by choice as it's all far too busy everywhere.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Boo

So far the only one I am aware of is the Black Shadow Rally in Switzerland. Went there a few years back on the Norton. Got a whole cheese as the  longest distance rider. Great rally, but I would like to try something different.
Shurely ther is something out there? Or will I have to go to Canada?

mat-tiger1

All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.