News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

01 955 78,000 what is it worth

Started by NortonCharlie, June 29, 2014, 03:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NortonCharlie

I'm selling to a friend looking for a ballpark.  01 955 with about 78,000 miles on it ugly but well maintained.  It wouldn't hurt to do the top end got some blow by.  Since about 50,000 miles it puffs blue starting at about 8,000 and full throttle.  Uses about 1/2 a quart in the 1st 1000 miles after an oil change and about a quart during the 2nd 1000 if you pretend red line is 7500.  That has been pretty consistent for the last 30,000 miles.  Also the exhaust valves are sinking, consistently tight at the 12,000 mile intervals last couple times through.  Leaving the heated grips and off road on and including some Thunderbike crash bars, Triumph panniers and a Givi trunk rack. 

I've got a number in my head what do you think I should get?
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

NortonCharlie

Was thinking about $2,000-$2500 starting to think more like about $1500
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Mustang

$1500 is a stretch for a 14 year old bike with an oil problem and will be needing a new head soon .
hope he's not a good friend  :icon_wink:

$1 k would be MY top offer .......less depending on battery , tire , brake , and chain and sprocket condition .

NortonCharlie

Thanks, for the response, battery, tires, brakes, sprockets, chain, forks, steering bearing shocks, seals are all up to snuff.  I tend to keep on top of the mechanicals  I was thinking of keeping this one and going through the engine rather than keep my other 01 with 18,000 miles.  Starting to like the low mile bike after going through the front end last year.

$1000 sounds like maybe a better starting point.  For that I should tear it down for a parts bike but it still rides so good I hate to do it.  As it is I have to swap out the front wheel or brakes ( I have floating disks on that on) the engine bars, I want to keep the Hepco Beckers rather than the Thunderbike,  The luggage, I want to keep the Givi and pass on the Triumph bags.  He wants to keep the Triumph heated grips so I will probably just replace them and he would sure like to have the Triumph gel seat.  And I am thinking I might like to send one of my stock ones off for a rework to something nicer yet.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

NortonCharlie

Well swapping all the bits out I want to keep.  keeping my Givi mounts and moving the Triumph bags, moving the black front fender and fairing to the one I am keeping.  Got tired of cleaning sparrows out of my front wheel with that green up front.  Trying to decide if I swap my floating disks from wheel to wheel or just swap wheels.  I need to get some tires swapped around if I swap wheels.  Guess it isn't that much work getting the torch out to loosen the disk bolts.

01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando