News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Which one?

Started by rsteiger, March 26, 2014, 03:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on March 27, 2014, 04:05:37 PM
Which is why I woke him up..... :augie

Fair enough but the half gallon of expresso might have been a bit much  :bug_eye
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rsteiger

OK.

Thanks for all the input guys!

This is where I am at right now.

If I go with the Girly then am pretty sure I will keep my WRR for my long distance DS rides where I am riding mostly dirt and then sell my Wee Strom.  Basically the Girly will replace the Wee and based on what dirt I have ridden the Girly on so far I think it is at least as good as my Wee and probably better.  I have owned the Strom for a bit and know how to ride it in the dirt better than the Girly now but I suspect as I get seat time on the Girly I will be more comfortable and push it harder than what I am currently doing.

If I go with the 800XC then I will probably sell both my Wee and the WRR.  When I look at what I have ridden the WRR on I am pretty convinced I could cover with the 800XC with a bit more effort on my part.  The reality is when I go on these long distance DS rides the WRR is pretty well loaded and can become a handful.  I suspect carrying the same amount of weight on the 800XC would not impact it's dirt performance as much as it does on the WR250R.

Sin_Tiger

Looks like you've come to a decision  :thumbsup

For future reference, I've tried a few luggage combinations on the XC, tarmac only. .

37 litre boxes, with and without pillion, with and without large tank bag  :thumbsup
Triumph hard/soft 55 litre hold all, on the rack (loaded or light) steering gets light above 140 kph /90 mph, add a pillion and it's less of an issue. Put the same bag on the pillion seat and it's also OK, so aerodynamics rather than weight.

Brief forays on hard pack,  I like having the tank bag rather than a back pack, easier to move around and the front feels more secure.

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rsteiger

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 28, 2014, 01:26:50 PM
Looks like you've come to a decision  :thumbsup

For future reference, I've tried a few luggage combinations on the XC, tarmac only. .

37 litre boxes, with and without pillion, with and without large tank bag  :thumbsup
Triumph hard/soft 55 litre hold all, on the rack (loaded or light) steering gets light above 140 kph /90 mph, add a pillion and it's less of an issue. Put the same bag on the pillion seat and it's also OK, so aerodynamics rather than weight.

Brief forays on hard pack,  I like having the tank bag rather than a back pack, easier to move around and the front feels more secure.

I am thinking to do something similar to what I do with my Strom and WRR for my adventures.

I have a 52L Givi top box on the Strom with an Admore lighting kit for the brake and turn signals.  It is likely I will keep that box and put it on my Tiger.  For around town this box handles everything that I need.  For a day ride or weekend getaway ride I add a magnetic tank bag to the Strom with the top box and I am good to go.

For week long adventures I would use the top box, tank bag, and the Wolfman soft panniers from the WRR.  May need to add an additional dry bay across the pilon position depending on how much contact I wish to have with civilization during the trip.