News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

99 sprocket questions

Started by gawoody83, April 09, 2014, 10:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawoody83

ok so i am looking at replacing my sprockets and im getting alot of 90-2000 results. what is the difference between the 99/2000 and 01/06? can they be made to work with little fuss? Has anyone used a smaller front and larger rear and if so, what combo did you use and was it as effective as you had hoped off road and how did it negatively effect you hwy travelling? I am thinking of running a 17/49.

Chris Canning

I can't remember what the stock rear was on my 885i but I ran a 19T on the front just to give the engine some breathing space because the one thing that is never mentioned the 955 has another 1000 revs before the redline and I spent too much time to close to the redline on 885i and the extra tooth made a difference,the extra tooth on the 955 means you even further away from the redline.

brad1098

I got 99 problems and a sprocket aint one.

I would try the front first.  They are cheaper.
3 teeth on the rear equals one in the front.  So if going down one tooth gets you where you want to be, then you are done.If you still want more then go up in the rear.

Fwiw. I have run 19/43 most of its life.  Currently on 19/46
02 black-Lorna