News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tank bag

Started by Boo, April 02, 2014, 10:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boo

Can someone reccomend me a tank bag to fit an 06 Tiger. I need a small to medium sized job to carry the small essential items such as satnav, phone, sweeties etc. Can't use a magnetic one, obviously as there is a plastic tank. What about a clip on one or a strap on jobbie? Any suggestions?  :icon_scratch:

Sin_Tiger

Can't recommend the SW-Motech tank ring type enough. City bag is a good size and sits well on these tanks.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Bagster, cover to look after the tank and a couple of different bags depending on how big or small you want.

chinchliffe

I've got the Bagster tank cover, the small City Trail bag for commuting and the larger Dzeta bag for touring, which I am very happy with. But they don't make these any more and the Girly tank is a strange shape to get a tank bag to fit.
The other option is the Givi Tanklock system which has 'Enduro' styled bags for the shaped tank.    Have a look here      http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/givi-tanklock

Chris

exchead

ive got a triumph one on my 05,it unclips from its mount which has got straps that go under the tank,the hole in the mount for petrol cap is a tad tight but works ok,mount stays on all year round as to remove straps its tank off time

JTT

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 02, 2014, 10:57:10 PM
Can't recommend the SW-Motech tank ring type enough. City bag is a good size and sits well on these tanks.

Ditto.  Ring clip system is slick.  Bag floats above the tank so doesn't scratch.  Comes off with the pull of a string and leaves no straps or buckles behind.  I have an Engage model, which works quite well.  City is even better as it's narrower for the bars.  GS also work, just a giant version of the City.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

audiododd

Quote from: JTT on April 03, 2014, 01:52:37 AM
Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 02, 2014, 10:57:10 PM

Ditto.  Ring clip system is slick.  Bag floats above the tank so doesn't scratch.  Comes off with the pull of a string and leaves no straps or buckles behind.  I have an Engage model, which works quite well.  City is even better as it's narrower for the bars.  GS also work, just a giant version of the City.

Ditto...ditto.  I have the city bag and it's just big enough to hold my phone, GPS, small tools, etc.  I bought the electric one with a dual cigarette socket so I can put my phone in there and charge while I ride.  I can also hook the GPS or GoPro to it and let it run off the bike's battery rather than it's own.  It was a little harder to install, but works great.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can\'t always be sure of their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln

eurobykz

yes, the sw-motech bags-connection tank-ring style are great.  they can be "locked" to the bike - not super-secure because a determined thief would get into it, but sufficient to deter the casual grab...   I have the GS bag which fits great.
Ian Fleming
Saskatoon canada

2007 MotoGuzzi Breva V11 (Italian Mistress)
2004 Tigger 955i 
2014 KTM Duke690 (impulse purchase)