News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Teuton....Anglo

Started by 97tiger885, April 09, 2014, 12:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

BMW sump:

Oil drain bolt recessed.

Triumph sump:

Oil drain bolt protuding.

I take it I need to take the plug out and keep it out of the Triumph if I plan on sliding this engine around or storing it unsupported on the sump.

Sin_Tiger

Find an appropriate sized plank of wood,  drill a hole in it a tad bigger diameter than the sump plug,  bingo. It'll be much more stable as well.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

97tiger885

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 09, 2014, 12:08:45 AM
Find an appropriate sized plank of wood,  drill a hole in it a tad bigger diameter than the sump plug,  bingo. It'll be much more stable as well.

That thought occurred to me.  I decided to go with the slug method:  Remove the plug and leave a trail of oil. The oil might make it easier to slide.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint