News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Seat help please

Started by warriorcole, April 10, 2014, 05:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warriorcole

Not sure I can live with the dished seat. It feels like being squeezed by a vice from my nuts to my tailbone. I need 2 or 3 more inches of room. Any suggestions?
Favorite quote: wish it were mine.
"Beaten paths are for beaten men"
current bikes:
05 Girly
06 KTM950sm - for sale
08 KLR 650
97 xt350 - for sale

Mustang

Corbin .................

Sargent (sp?) custom made

the lastest buzz seems to be
Seat Concepts
http://www.seatconcepts.com/products#!/~/product/category=1862556&id=35005727

JTT

Before finding my Corbin, I modded the stock seat quite effectively.  Looks basically stock, but broader support at the hips and flatter profile.  Electric knife, some dense foam, contact cement and body rasp did wonders over stock.

Corbin is roomier though as it's one piece, but very heavy and no height adjustment.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

John Stenhouse

Get some Mustang pegs on it. Best mod I've made to mine
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

warriorcole

Quote from: John Stenhouse on April 10, 2014, 11:47:02 PM

Got some nifty aftermarket pegs on it. That wont help my nutz much. May try to modify the stock seat.
Favorite quote: wish it were mine.
"Beaten paths are for beaten men"
current bikes:
05 Girly
06 KTM950sm - for sale
08 KLR 650
97 xt350 - for sale

T3mike

I am with you John. I put those on after having my seat modified by Spencer at Greatdaytoride. Did 300 miles the on Friday with no discomfort at all. Now for some hiway pegs.

05 Tiger, 01 Bonnie, 11 VStrom

topher0268

Quote from: T3mike on April 13, 2014, 06:29:37 PM

I am with you John. I put those on after having my seat modified by Spencer at Greatdaytoride. Did 300 miles the on Friday with no discomfort at all. Now for some hiway pegs.

+1 on Spencer "greatdaytoride". When it was all said and done I spent about 150 bucks with him including the shipping. He turned my seat around in 72 hours and it is, hands down, the best seat I've ever owned on any bike I've ever had. Of course he's custom making the seat based on your stats (inseam, arm length, weight, seat position, passengers stats, equipment you carry, etc). When you think you've given him enough info he has you add more info then turns it into a fantastic custom seat.
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

JTT

I would likely have liked my Spencer seat had I been 4" shorter and smaller.  Nice and plush.  He levels the platform too so you're not sliding into the tank all the time too.  Unfortunately it just didn't work for me, as in leveling, he cuts away at the rear portion effectively lowering the seating position, instead of building up the front.  For me it kind of created this situation...
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C