News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I been poking about again... Wots this?

Started by JayDub, April 19, 2014, 05:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

I've just noticed this captive nut next to the radiator cap, Is there something missing? tell me before I find something to bolt on to it! this bike is becoming an OCD nightmare!  :icon_eek:

LeighSA

Hi JayDub,
There should be a short socket head screw that will stop the radiator cap from turning, I guess a safety thing!!!!

Cheers from Australia

97tiger885

I think it is for a protective cover of the main hose with the thermostat.  One end of the cover has a hole for that hole in the radiator and the other end of the cover uses a zip tie around the hose.

I have both the Tiger and Trident torn down; confusion is setting in.  On the Trident the cosmetic cover over the left side of the radiator covers the cap preventing access to the cap. The only way to access the cap is to remove the reflector to access the screws.  In my case, the cover fell off on my first long ride.

rybes

:icon_eek: i never knew about that part. i need one NOW !
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

LeighSA

Quote from: 97tiger885 on April 20, 2014, 02:40:41 AM
I think it is for a protective cover of the main hose with the thermostat.  One end of the cover has a hole for that hole in the radiator and the other end of the cover uses a zip tie around the hose.

I have both the Tiger and Trident torn down; confusion is setting in.  On the Trident the cosmetic cover over the left side of the radiator covers the cap preventing access to the cap. The only way to access the cap is to remove the reflector to access the screws.  In my case, the cover fell off on my first long ride.
Could well be but my two Tigers don't have that cosmetic cover!!

JayDub

Thanks for settling my head, but now I have to find something to screw into that nut!!!  :icon_lol:
maybe we should have a poll to see how many tigers out there still have this part.  :icon_mrgreen:
And mebe a prize for the first person to find one on ebay  :thumbsup

Mustang

tigers never had the cover over the hose only the trident did .........................

rybes

thanks for that mustang. i can stop my search now  :icon_study:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

97tiger885

As I said, confusion.  That is why the hole is there.  Same radiator for Tiger and Trident.

ned37

if you want to prevent problems with your ocd, you better turn the rad cap 180 degrees!!!
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

JayDub

Quote from: ned37 on April 20, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
if you want to prevent problems with your ocd, you better turn the rad cap 180 degrees!!!
I will, but I have to turn the bike the opposite way first then wait til the 7th day of the next month :icon_biggrin:

ned37

95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e