News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Signing off for now

Started by Rocinante, April 09, 2014, 04:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocinante

After 16 years with my ´98 Tiger, the well worn and used Rocinante, the license plates were delivered to the authorities a couple of weeks ago. She now sits in the back of the garage waiting for the owner to get the Tiger inspiration back. She is in need of another head transplant due to a lousy ebay deal on the current head, which was worn down to almost the limits when I installed it. Now I have had enough for a while. She´s done 160Kkm though, and gone through Europe and North and South America, so it´s fair to say she has delivered.

So am I not riding anymore? No no no, I am more ready than in years and very happy but a bit Triupmph sad too, since I am now a KTM 950 Super Enduro owner, rally rigged and in mint condition.

Thanks for all the help this forum has provided over the last few years, and maybe we´ll see each other again if the Tiger inspiration comes back.

Regards
Dag

Here is the new baby:
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

nickjtc

Good luck with the new bike. Funny how KTMs catch the eye these days.... my Roadie riding friend has just bought a new 1190 and will be selling the Triumph.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

threepot

Nice bike. I'm partial to a KTM myself. Hope you get the same service you had from the Tiger :icon_salut:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

fishnbiker

I know how you feel. I too have had some issues with age on my 95 Felix. It now has about 130,000 km, over half on gravel roads. It's now still running, but relegated to a semi-retirement, to be used on easy gravel & pavement from now on.

The past summer was the turning point after having to spend over $1,000 on maintenance parts & another $300 on welding repairs to fatiguing headlight subframe parts, tail, & luggage racks. My knees were also complaining about the bike's apparent weight gain every time I have to pick it up.

I came across a 2008 Suzuki DR650 with only 1,955 km on it for a steal. It now serves as the "Hooligan" bike off road. My good riding buddy here also has on which I have been able to examine closely for upgrades & changes before paying for my own ... a good "test ride" concept for me.

I only peeked in here this afternoon, the first time in months (as I have been distracted with the new bike & busy doing a partial rest oral on Felix).

Also been looking in on ADV Rider http://www.advrider.com, mostly in the TRAVEL threads. Recent trips to Alaska, Yukon, California,  Spain, Portugal, Morocco, China, Tibet, Nepal, & India have kept me occupied with insight & suggestions for others there. Look for me over there if you like.

Recent photos now online for all except India (not yet finished) at http://fishnbiker.smugmug.com/Travel
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

Nick Calne

Dag

Your travels have inspired us all.
Enjoy the new bike and when you have finished your next adventure remember your old friends here...

Nice new bike btw.

Nick
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickcalne on May 01, 2014, 09:45:16 PM
Dag

Your travels have inspired us all.
Enjoy the new bike and when you have finished your next adventure remember your old friends here...

Nice new bike btw.

Nick

I was a bit lost for words when I first read your story but I think Nick summed it up very well and I agree wholeheartedly  :notworthy  :icon_salut:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Rocinante

Thanks for your kind words.

Take good care of your Triumphs and who knows, one day I´ll be back. :wheel
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com