News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

'05 Swingarm

Started by marko, March 18, 2005, 05:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marko

Does any one have any knowlege of swingarm changes on the '05 Tiger?I tried last night to install a SW-Motech center stand and when it is in the retracted position it makes contact with the swing arm.
\"Get on your bad motor scooter and ride\"

abell

I can tell you that Triumph do a different center stand for 05-onwards bikes, so this may be the reason you're having problems. If the aftermarket stand isn't for an 05 bike then it simply won't fit.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

marko

SW-Motech doesn't make a center stand at this time that will fit the'05 model Tiger.For now Triumph is the only one that has one that fits.Thanks to Erik at twisted throttle.com for his help.
\"Get on your bad motor scooter and ride\"

PeterO

Quote from: "abell"I can tell you that Triumph do a different center stand for 05-onwards bikes, so this may be the reason you're having problems. If the aftermarket stand isn't for an 05 bike then it simply won't fit.

I though the '05 came with centre stand fittted as standard ?  Mine did !

Peter

Slim Dave

Quote from: "PeterO"
Quote from: "abell"I can tell you that Triumph do a different center stand for 05-onwards bikes, so this may be the reason you're having problems. If the aftermarket stand isn't for an 05 bike then it simply won't fit.

I though the '05 came with centre stand fittted as standard ?  Mine did !

Peter

Not in the US -- dumb decision, 'cos it's needed for so many little tasks.