News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fuel range

Started by ssevy, April 22, 2014, 01:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

I feel a new simley being added to the regular use list  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Mustang on April 28, 2014, 01:29:17 PM
you guys do realize that the fuel mileage topic has  beaten that poor horse to death repeatedly in all the forums here

Pardon me. I thought I had a legitimate question vis the size of the 'reserve' in the the tank.  :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

you do .............and it gets asked A LOT

threepot

Over the last few weeks,I have noticed a 'whinning' like sound from gearbox area. So yesterday decided to investigate. Took the sprocket cover off,only to reveal it full of oily crud,sticks etc. You can see where the chain has formed its own path through it! So I'm hoping that explains the noise? :icon_scratch: Also,it had a 17t sprocket fitted(no wonder I was always looking for that 7th gear!!). That has now been removed,after having to grind the nut off! Just wouldn't budge by conventional methods :bad
So have now purchased an 18t and new chain. Have also ordered new rubbing block..upper and lower ,new footrest pads..for a 'smoother ride'? Anyway,the reason for this post..I achieved 51mpg with that gearing. So looking forward to riding it with std set up. Should I expect a big difference in performance?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

51 with a 17T  :icon_eek: They go plenty quick enough with the stock gearing  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

There is a 48t on rear. That is std,yes?
95 Super111
96 Tiger