News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

MOT observations

Started by JayDub, May 31, 2014, 09:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

Whilst waiting for the MOT mans verdict today, I noticed a quite nice W reg (2000) tiger for sale, with 34.5k and just a few minor scuffs, at £1995 I thought it was quite reasonable.... and for a brief moment  :bad If it wasn't silver that is - really don't like silver.  I sat on it and noticed straight away how different it felt from the steamer! AND SO LIGHT! - and it did feel 'girly' in comparison to my steamer, I definately prefer the steamer - twas a bit too pretty for me.  Also, It didn't have the eyebrows! someone must have peeled them off!
I just thought I'd share that with you  :wave

Oh yes,  passed - no advisories  :thumbsup
the only things concerning me were the 100 watt h/light bulbs and the loud cans... s'pose he was just a reasonable man - I find bike testers more realistic than car testers, my car failed once because he wanted me to tape up some wires near the battery which I'd unpicked from the loom to test  :icon_rolleyes:  :blah

John Stenhouse

The eyebrows were on some model years only, I have a MY2000 one and it doesn't have them either.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

JayDub

Didn't know that John, I think they look better with.

Bixxer Bob

They were on the early 955i models, lost them early 2005 I think.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

They never made an 885i in Silver either.

John Stenhouse

Very true, silver was a later colour, but as you know the bodywork is all interchangeable

John Stenhouse

I wanted to turn mine snot green I love that colour, anybody got a set of bodywork?