News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Moto GP

Started by Bixxer Bob, May 03, 2014, 02:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chairhead

Quote from: Chris Canning on May 20, 2014, 08:18:37 PM
Quote from: chairhead on May 20, 2014, 05:43:39 PM
Quote from: Chris Canning on May 19, 2014, 10:02:49 PM
the bike is crap why should he take the rap for it!!

I think Casey Moaner and Ducati would argue that point  :icon_rolleyes:

Different bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! apart from the name on the side and it had two wheels thank Rossi for that.

:blah :blah :blah its a Ducati!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :nod
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Chris Canning

It may as well have Honda on it because the current bike has zero link to what Stoner rode which is what you where insinuating,what Stoner rode had a carbon fibre frame which is F all like what's being ridden now,there has been a steady selection of riders on the current bike and no one can ride it cuz it's crap for allsorts of reasons the carbon frame being just one.

chairhead

:5huh So they both had carbon frames and both are Ducati's ?
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Chris Canning

The bike that Stoner rode is long gone,it shares nothing with the lastest bike,Stoner's bike had a carbon frame different electronics a totally different motor(and only needed to last the race) the only thing the two bikes have in common is the name on the side of tank and that is the only link,oh!!! and Stoner rode his bike for peanuts despite his reputation he's a good lad but not as savvy as some when it comes to money.

Bixxer Bob

Rossi said in an interview at the weekend that Marquez is on a different planet and that he would have liked to have raced him when he  (Val) was a 22 yr old.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

The merrygoround for 215 will start when Honda decide who will ride with MM paying big bucks for a second string rider when Honda already know who's going to win isn't the smart thing to do,but the question being will Pedrosa take the pay cut????

nickjtc

Ah yes. But the season is far from over. MM could fall off and break something which would throw the cat verily amongst the pigeons.

I would love to see Rossi come back to form, but alas I fear his days are numbered.....
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

Rossi may indeed have his best days behind him, but if George doesn't get his head straight he's Yamaha's only hope; no-one else is even close to giving Marc a fight.  And Keith Huen said after Austin that the only person this year that can beat Marc is Marc because if he DOES have a crash it can only be a big one.

It must be tough being a GP rider at the moment, looking at Marc and realising that any dreams they may have had about being world champion are going to remain just that.  Dreams.  Bit like Biaggi when Rossi showed up.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

:iagree It's only normal for another new kid on the block to show up and show the old lags how it should be done. But I remember watching many of Rossi's races with slack jaw at how he managed to make the bike work, and make the (very capable) competition look like they were going backwards. Only time will tell if Marquez will be long-term consistent enough to be one of the greats.

The 'greats': IMHO there are only a handful of them.... Hailwood, Agostini (with the caveat that he did not have much competition for a few years) and Rossi.

Discuss  :qgaraduate
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"